Thread: Medieval 2 Total War Gold install major problem

Medieval 2 Total War Gold install major problem

Yes this is a major problem!!!!! Now I wanted to install my M2TW Gold Edition with the two disks that I have. My computer was installing the first disk but the installation setup crashed! When I tried to install the game again it instantly asks for the second disk to install the Kingdoms portion. My computer thinks the first disk has been installed but i have deleted all of the content (uninstall, Regit, C: Drive) it does not exist in my computer but when I try to install disk one again and again the setup asks for disk two!!!! Is there something I can do to fix this?

Re: Medieval 2 Total War Gold install major problem

Before moving forward with any troubleshooting steps I would suggest you to have a look at the minimum system requirements for Medieval II Total War: Gold Edition:
    • Processor: Pentium IV 1.5 GHz
    • Operating System: Windows XP/ Vista
    • RAM memory: 512 MB RAM
    • DirectX : 9.0c
    • Hard disk space: 17 GB
    • 3D Accelerator with Hardware T&L and Pixel Shading 128MB DirectX 9.0c
    • Sound Card: DirectX-compliant

Before using the installing disc on your computer again try using it on another computer to install the game. If the game crashes again while installing then might be the installation disc has gone bad.

sad Re: Medieval 2 Total War Gold install major problem

Hey i have the exact problem!!!

I tried to reinstall the game but it always asks me for disk 2, it doesnt install vanilla M2TW and I have already deleted it from my PC!!

By the way, I know I can run the game!!

PLEASE HELP!!PLEASE HELP!!PLEASE HELP!!PLEASE HELP!

PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASE HELP!! PLEASE HELP!! PLEASE HELP!!

I've a slightly different problem but you MUST HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I bought the gold pack and installed only M2TW and not the expansions. the setup went fine till it tried to install direct x. the computer crashed. When I started the computer again I was able to play it!. everything went fine till I decided to uninstall it. I couldn't! I could only install the expansion. I deleted all the files and tried to install it but it doens't work. I deleted all the files again. My friend tried to help me and installed the game on his computer (which went fine). then he put the files on my computer and now it says I have the game twice on the computer and when I try to start it it says 'Medieval 2 total war entered a unspecified error and will now exit'. What must I do???????

Please help me

First i would like to know Which OS are you using ? And what are its main configuration ? If you are on Vista, than that is the first cause of this problem. you can play M2TW on Vista as it was not at all designed for this OS. And if you are on XP and still getting these problems than simply go to totalwar.com and seek for some downloadable updates or some patches that may fix this issue.

I've a Vista but first it worked very good so why doesn't it now anymore??

First thing that i will advise you is to check for the Compatibility of the game with the system of yours. Does your computer satisfied all the requirement for the Game? If so then i will advise you to install the latest Graphic Driver to the system of yours. Now use the Uninstaller Utility to uninstall the game completely from the system of yours and then to install it again. If you can then try this out and do let me know whether this worked for you or not.

Thanks mate! I used the uninstaller and it installed well this time!!
    I owe you so much friend!!!

THANKS!!!!