Thread: Mass Effect 2 Mouse Sensitivity

Mass Effect 2 Mouse Sensitivity

I have a personal computer at my home which is specially made for playing game. My computer runs on windows vista and also my system is fully updated with all the required drivers for playing latest games. I recently bought Mass Effect 2 game for my computer and it was successfully installed, but when i started this game the sensitivity for the mouse was not set correctly, so i tried to set it but i was unable, i want to lower the mouse sensitivity, please help me i am unable to do it.

Re: Mass Effect 2 Mouse Sensitivity

As i have noticed that the sensitivity of the mouse is by default set to very high, with no way option to turn it down in the game. The below steps which are mentioned can help you to fix the problem.

First you need to Notepad++ on your computer, if you don't have then download and install it from the internet.

After the installation of the Notepad ++, you need to find Coalesced.ini file on the location which is listed below:

C:-->Program Files-->Mass Effect 2-->BioGame-->Config-->PC-->Cooked

Then you need to right click, and then open it with the Notepad++.

You can also use the top menu bar where you can go to the Search, and then you need to find to open up the search window. In the box next to "Find what" paste or write MouseSensitivity.

After that press enter and then change the value to 0.4

Then save the file and then you can try to start your game. If the game starts up, then you can simply edit the value until it suits your proper need with the sensivity.

To make changes with the sensitivity of the mouse then i think you need to go to the Documents then in Bioware then Mass Effect in Config then in BIOinput and there make a copy of the file somewhere.

You can look for the line that can change the mouse sensitivity for the game.
    • MoveForwardSpeed=1200
    • MoveStrafeSpeed=1200
    • LookRightScale=300
    • LookUpScale=250
    • MouseSensitivity=6
    • GamepadAnalogSensitivity=400
    • DoubleClickTime=0.250000
    • bInvertTurn=False
    • bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

I think you can check it out with the game settings which is available in the game and there you can see the option for the mouse sensitivity there you can set the sensitivity for the motion of the mouse. So try to set it with the game itself and don't even try with the game files which are important for the game. If you do any thing in the files then i think the game can face the problem of the crash.

There are most of the people who have this problem with their game, so if you can go on the interent and you can check it out with the problems and their solutions which are available on the games site and also you can chek it out with the official website of Mass Effect 2 where you can check out the settings and also post your problem for the same to get the solution from the expert.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever