Thread: Cannot play Racedriver GRID on DELL Studio XPS 8100

Cannot play Racedriver GRID on DELL Studio XPS 8100

The following is the configuration of DELL Studio XPS 8100 which I am using.
    Processor :-Intel Core i7-860
    Ram :-8 GB DDR3
    Graphic Card :-Nvidia GTS 240 1GB
    Hard disk :- Seagate 1TB Sata2
    The operating system on the computer is Windows 7, on this computer I have installed RaceDriver grid but I am not able to play the game. Sometimes the game lags while playing and sometimes the game terminates itself. I cant figure out why I Cannot play Racedriver GRID on DELL Studio XPS 8100 and hence need your help. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Cannot play Racedriver GRID on DELL Studio XPS 8100

Multicore processor have more than 1 processing cores. All the processing cores start processing any application together which creates some problems while playing the games. You will have to disable all the extra processing cores while playing the game. To disable the extra processing cores, start the game and open the task manager. Now go to processes tab and right click on process of the game. Select Set affinity and remove all the CPU threads except one. Click on OK and resume the game. See if the game lags.

Windows 7 operating system does not support all the games that are supported by the Windows Xp operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system the game will either not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by the operating system is available on the official website of microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think the graphic card which you are using needs to be configured according to the graphic settings of the game. All the Nvidia graphic cards are configured to run all the high end graphics editing applications. This settings sometimes create problem while running some games. If such a situation occurs then configuration of the graphic card is only solution, go to graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Now disable the following features of the graphic card :-
    • Triple buffering
    • Anistropic filtering
    • Vertical sync

Save the configuration and check if the game works properly.

You will have to install a patch on the computer to make the game work properly. The earlier released version of the game had many bugs due to which it did not run properly on the multi threaded computers. Also the game terminated frequently while playing. All these problems with the games were solved in the patch which was released later. Go to the official website of the game and download the latest patch which is available. Install the patch and see if the game works.