Thread: Windows 7 virtual pc xp mode gives File too big to fit to memory error

Windows 7 virtual pc xp mode gives File too big to fit to memory error

Hello there, I have bought a new computer which is installed with Windows 7 64 bit operating system. On this computer, I tried to install the game but the installer file did not work as it was 16 bit so I installed Virtual PC and XP mode on the computer and tried to run the setup but Windows 7 virtual pc xp mode gives File too big to fit to memory error while installing the game. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Please suggest some solutions to make the game work on the computer.

Re: Windows 7 virtual pc xp mode gives File too big to fit to memory error

There must be something wrong with the installer file of the game due to which you are getting such errors while installing the game. The installer files which are used for installation of the game are less than 10 mb and hence the computer will not face any problems while executing such files. Therefore check if the game can be installed on some other computer with same operating system. If the game does not get installed on the computer, then use some other installation disk to install the game as this disk is corrupt.

The error which you are facing is due to the insufficient system memory while executing the installation file of the computer. All the applications/processes which are executed by the computer are first copied to the RAM of the system. If the system memory of the computer gets depleted then it wont be able to execute the installation file of the computer. Therefore you will have to allocate for amount of system RAM to the Virtual pc of the computer. Allocating more system RAM for the Virtual PC will solve the problem.

As you are not able to install the game on the computer, you can run the game directly from the DVD or CD. To play the game on the computer using CD or DVD, you will have to create an image file of the game. Image file of the game should be in .iso format. Burn this image file on the DVD or CD drive depending on the size of the game. Start virtual computer and insert the DVD or CD of the game and run it from the drive. It will not give the same error while running.

I was also facing the same problem while installing the game on the Virtual PC in Windows 7. While installing the game, the computer gave same "too big to fit in memory error". I tried to run the game using a image file but still gave the same error. Finally a friend of mine suggested me to extract the setup file of the game using Winrar or any application other then default extractor of Windows 7. After extracting the setup file the game was installed properly. Therefore you will have to extract the installation file of the game using Winrar and then install the game. Hope the post helps.