Thread: Does KOTOR work in Windows 7?

Does KOTOR work in Windows 7?

Hi there, I am having the issue with the Star Wars Knight of the old Republic which i am trying to install and it is not installing when i am trying to start the game it crashes at the time of the Introduction Video of the game. So i am asking the same that is Does KOTOR work in Windows 7?
    If any one having the same issue and got the solution of the same then advise me the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does KOTOR work in Windows 7?

Its better to run the game in the Windows XP mode which is introduced by the Microsoft to run the games which are having the compatibility issue with the Windows 7. So download the Windows XP Mode for free from the Microsoft official site and then run the game in the same and see whether the game is working or not.

I think that this is the issue of the Graphic driver which might be not supporting the game so if you are having the same issue then it advisable to first update the driver of the Graphic card and with the latest one and then try to run the game. I think this might help you with the issue which you are getting with the Star Wars.

Hey, I am also running the Star Wars Kotor on the Windows 7 running system and having no issue with the same. As i have run the Kotor I and Kotor II on the Windows 7 without any crashing or black screen. So i think this is not the issue of the compatibility as i am able to play the same on the Windows 7. So its better to update the Driver on system and then run the same.

I am having the same problem with the KOTOR which was crashing continuously and i am unable to fix the same. So i finally installed the Older version of the nVidia driver and updated the same from the official site and installed the game once again the game started working on my computer. So if you are having the same issue i think you must try the same will work out for you also.

Have you tried uninstalling and installing of the Star Wars game? If not then i wil advise you to first uninstall the game completely from you computer and then install it once again. As some time the installation file got corrupted which requires the game to install once again. So do the same and see whether it is working or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever