Thread: Xbox Live keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

Xbox Live keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

I am having the laptop and the XBOX live at my place. I also have the Wireless router. I have connected the XBox to the lan port of the laptop. The laptop is connected to the wireless router using Wi-Fi. The XBOX is connected to the internet using the connection of the laptop. But the problem which i am facing is that the Xbox Live keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes. I want help in resolving this issue.

Re: Xbox Live keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

You are having the laptop and the XBOX Live. Both of them are connected to the internet using the wireless network by the wireless router at your place. You have connected the XBOX live to the laptop using the LAN cable to the LAN port of the laptop. But the XBOX disconnects after every 10 minutes from the internet by itself. So may be there is some signal receiving or catching issue. So check for this possible error.

I think the whole signal strength of the Wi-Fi is getting consumed by the laptop only because of which the XBOX get disconnected after some time. So in think this is the real issue with the XBOX live of yours. I think you should connect the XBOX live to the router using the wire for connecting it to the internet. This can resolve the problem easily.

This may be the issue of the wireless receiver of your XBOX Live. So i will recommend you to only connect the XBOX Live to the wireless router and see that it looses connection again or not. If it looses then it is the issue of the wireless receiver of the XBOX live. Take your XBOX to the repairing center for resolving this issue. This is surely the hardware issue related to the XBOX of yours.

I think this issue related to the XBOX Live of yours can only be resolved by either hardwiring the XBOX with the router. Or else you will have to get the new wireless adapter for your XBOX Live for getting better wifi signal receiving. Many people have setup this and it is working very well without problem. So i hope this will work for you too. So try it out.