Thread: Waves of lag during games

Waves of lag during games

Sup gamers, I am facing a weird problem with my computer while playing games. My desktop computer is powered by an Intel dual core processor and has an Nvidia graphic card. The operating system on the computer is Windows XP. The problem which I am facing is, the computer starts to lag when I start playing any games. When any game is started and played for about 5 mins, the computer starts to lag for sometime and then the lag disappears. This happens frequently. I cant understand why I am facing such problems. Therefore if anybody knows how to solve Waves of lag while playing games, then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Waves of lag during games

Multi core processors are not meant for playing the gaming applications. Multi core processors have more than one processing core. All the processing core start processing the application together which creates lag while playing some games. You will have to disable the extra processing core while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core, start the game and then open task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the game process. Select Set affinity. Remove the check mark from one of the CPU and then click on OK. Check if the game lags.

Check the configuration of the graphic card of the computer. If the configuration of the graphic card is conflicting with the graphic settings of the game then the game will not run properly and will result in degradation in the performance. To check the configuration of the graphic card, right click on the desktop and then select graphic properties. Set the graphic card to performance mode and then disable the features of the graphic card which are not supported by the game. Once all the unnecessary features are disabled, see if the game is working properly.

There must be lot of processes running in the background while the game is being played. Every process that is executed on the computer, requires some memory or processor usage alloted. If lot of processes are started on the computer together then lot of memory and CPU will be used which will lead to slow performance. Therefore before starting the game, open the task manager and go to processes tab. Now check all the processes which are running. Terminate the processes which are unwanted and taking up lot of memory or cpu usage. Check if the performance of the game improves or not.

Are there any security software's installed on the computer? Security software's such as antivirus and firewall create problems while running some games on the computer. All the security softwares work on the basic principle of blocking all the unwanted traffic originating or terminating on the computer. Due to such tendency, sometimes the traffic desired by the user is also blocked. Check if any of the security softwares is blocking the game process. If the game process is blocked, then move the process to the trusted applications list of the security software.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever