Thread: xrcore.dll problem in STALKER

xrcore.dll problem in STALKER

I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. On this computer I have installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat but I am not able to play the game. Whenever I try to run the game it gives the error saying "xrcore.dll is missing on the computer". I checked th game directory and found that it contains the file and hence I cannot understand why I am getting this error. Therefore If anybody knows how to solve xrcore.dll problem in STALKER then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: xrcore.dll problem in STALKER

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as I suspect that the computer is infected with some kind of virus. Virus's get downloaded on the computer, while visiting certain website or while downloading some data on the computer. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the application whose files are corrupt will not work properly. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are corrupt. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. See if the game is working or not.

All the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system are not supported by Windows 7. If the operating system does not supports the game, then the game will either not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system is available online. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is in the list or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think you will have to reinstall the game for solving the issue. Sometimes during installation of the game, some files do not get copied on the hard drive of the computer. If such a situation occurs then whenever the file is needed by the game, it will not be accessible and hence the system will display an error message saying "file is missing". To solve such problem, you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Hence uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys which are associated to the game. Once all the traces of the games are removed, reinstall the game and see if the game works properly.

I was also facing the same problem with xrcore.dll in STALKER clear skies which was installed on my computer. Because of the problem, I was not able to play the game. I tried to search for the solution and finally got the solution. Follow the steps below and see if it helps :-
    1. Go to the installation directory.
    2. Make a new .txt file.
    3. Inside the file type "start bin\xrEngine.exe
    4. Now save the file and rename the extension as .cmd
    Now start the game. Hopefully it will not give the same error again.