Thread: Stuck on patch 1.6 in COD4 game of the year edition.

Stuck on patch 1.6 in COD4 game of the year edition.

Please help I am facing some weird problem with Call of Duty 4 game of the year edition which I have installed on the computer. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows 7 operating system on it. I have been playing Call of Duty 4 game of the year edition on the computer for a long time and have never faced such problems. Now whenever the game is started, it shows the main menu and then quits itself. The game is installed with patch 1.6 and now when I try to update the patch, the game gives an unknown error. So I am not able to play the game or to update the game. I am Stuck on patch 1.6 in COD4 game of the year edition and need your help in solving this issue. Any suggestions about the issue are more than welcome.

Re: Stuck on patch 1.6 in COD4 game of the year edition.

The patch which you are trying to update to must be corrupt due to which the game is not able to update itself to the patch. If the update file which you are using to update the game is corrupt, it is bound to give some problems while updating the game. The corruption in the update file can be due to the fluctuation in the internet connection. Therefore try downloading the patch files for the game from some different website and then try to update the game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The game version which is installed on the computer must be corrupt due to which you are facing such problems. The applications which are installed on the computer, have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the game are corrupt or missing then the application will not work properly. To solve such problem, you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing. Remove the installed game and remove all the files/keys which are related to it. Once all the traces of the files are removed, reinstall the game and check if you are able to update the game.

As suggested I uninstalled the game and removed all the files which were related to the game. In the program files, I removed the folder of Activision and then cleaned the registry. After reinstalling the game, I started the update process and it the game got updated to the latest patch that is 1.7 but now after updating the game, the game lags alot while running. The FPS which I get while playing the game is about 30-40. I usually used to get FPS about 70. How can I solve this problem?

There must be lot of processes running in the background due to which the game is lagging. For every process which is executed on the computer, some memory and CPU usage is allocated. If lot of processes are started together then, lot of memory and CPU will be used which will cause the game to lag. Therefore before starting the game, open the task manager and check for all the processes which are running. Terminate all the processes which are unwanted and taking up lot of memory. See if the game lags while playing.

The latest patch of COD 4 which is available does not work properly on the multicore processors and hence the game lags while running. You will have to disable one of the extra processing core while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core while playing the game, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity. Remove the extra processing core and click on OK. Check if the game lags.