Thread: Sims 3 Too fast?

Sims 3 Too fast?

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows Xp and is powered with Intel Dual core processor. On this computer I have installed Sims3 game. The problem is the game runs too fast. All the time counters in the game run too fast because of which I am not able to complete my ingame tasks. I cant understand why I am facing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody knows why Sims 3 runs too fast, then please share some information about the same.

Re: Sims 3 Too fast?

I think there is some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. The applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application, is missing or corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only solution to such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Therefore uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys which are associated to the application. Once all the traces of the games are removed, reboot the computer and then install the game again on the computer. Check if the game is working properly or not.

There is an option in the game which is known as time of ageing. Time of ageing counter is responsible for the faster gameplay. The rate at which the time of ageing counter is set, decides the speed of the gameplay. You can edit the settings for the game by going into the options menu. To change the Time of ageing counter, start the game and then open options tab. Search and locate the Time of ageing option and then change the speed from fast to slow. Save the settings and then see if the gameplay speed has reduced or not.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I removed the game completely from the computer and then installed the game again. Also I checked the Time of ageing counter and it was showing "Slow". Still I changed the counter speed and saved the settings but the game play speed did not change. So are there any more troubleshooting steps which I can follow to improve my gameplay speed? Please suggest.

The multicore processor which you are using is not meant for running the gaming applications. A dual core processor has two processing cores which are out of sync with each other because of which both the processing cores start processing the applications together which might create problems like the one which you are facing while playing. Try disabling the extra processing core and see if the game play improves. To disable an extra processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and then right click on game process. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from one of the CPU. Click OK and resume the game.