Thread: Installation problems of Thief 2

Installation problems of Thief 2

Hello friends, my computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I am facing some installation problems of Thief 2. The actual issue is that when I start the setup using the Autoplay option or even from the setup file, some conflict occurs with the operating system and the game and the installation is not allowed to start. Kindly help me with some suggestions to get rid of this problem.

Check the setup of the game

Hello there, it is suggested that when the installation problems of Thief 2 and such other issues are encountered, you must check the setup of the game. It must be corrupt because of which, you are facing the issues. So, if you can get a new setup of the game, your problem can be solved. I have many such issues while installing softwares and games too.

Windows 7 is blocking the installation

The installation problems of Thief 2, that you are facing is simply an incompatibility issue, that the game is having with the operating system. Actually, Windows 7 is blocking the installation. So, you will have to force the installation to start. You can do this with the help of the "run as administrator" option. You can solve many such issues, that are being faced by Windows 7 and the applications and programs that refuse to run in this particular operating system.

All the applications and programs have to be stopped during installation

Hey, you must remember that all the applications and programs have to be stopped during installation. You may not be doing so because of which there are installation problems of Thief 2. The message about doing the same is given just before you start the installation of any softwares or games. If you do not do so, some of the setups are not able to start.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The compatibility tool

If the installation problems of Thief 2 is some sort of incompatibility issue of the game with the operating system, then the compatibility tool for this particular game will help in such a case. This is a tool that will do the required compatibility settings for the game to run in Windows 7. Such tools are released for all the games and softwares, that are having any kind of incompatibility issues.

Always use a dual boot system while working with Windows 7

It is recommended that you must always use a dual boot system while working with Windows 7, inorder to solve any issues like the installation problems of Thief 2. I can explain how this will help. Now, if you would have Windows XP or Windows Vista, then you just need to start that particular operating system, inorder to get rid of the incompatibility problem, thus installing the game in it.