Thread: How to connect XBOX 360 to HD monitor

How to connect XBOX 360 to HD monitor

Last week I purchased HP 2009M 20-Inch HD LCD Monitor. Now I would like to connect my XBOX 360 to this monitor and for this I needed your help. First of all, what cables do I require to connect the XBOX 360 to the monitor? Secondly how can we connect it? Is it possible for me to connect or should I call some engineer or expert to perform the same?

Re: How to connect XBOX 360 to HD monitor

Below are the steps to connect an Xbox 360 console to a monitor by using the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable:

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
    2. Connect the audio-visual (A/V) connector on the Component HD AV cable to the A/V port on the Xbox 360 console.
    3. Set the HDTV switch on the A/V connector to HDTV.
    4. Connect the connectors on Component HD AV cable to the corresponding color input jacks on the high-definition TV. Do not use the yellow RCA composite video connector; leave it disconnected.
    5. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and change your display and HDTV settings. Here’s how:
    a. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    b. Select Console Settings, and then select Display.
    c. Select HDTV Settings, and then select the appropriate high-definition setting for your TV.

To connect the Xbox 360 console to HD monitor use the Xbox 360 Composite AV Cable as follows:

1. Turn off the TV, and then turn off the Xbox console.
    2. Connect the AV connector to the AV port on the Xbox console.
    3. Connect the color-coded connectors on the Xbox Composite AV Cable to the corresponding ports on the TV. Connect yellow to yellow, red to red and white to white.
    4. Select the appropriate video input on your television to display Xbox games. The following list contains common names for video inputs jacks:
    • Input select
    • AUX
    • Line In
    • Input
    • Source
    • Video 1
    • EXT
    The names of the input jacks that are used by different TV manufacturers vary. See your TV owner's manual for more information.

You can even use an Xbox 360 VGA HD audio-visual (AV) Cable to connect your Xbox 360 to your HD monitor in the following manner:

Method 1:

1. Turn off your console.
    2. Connect the AV connector on the VGA cable to the AV port on the console.
    3. Connect the VGA connector on the VGA cable to the VGA port on the monitor.
    4. Connect the left and right (white and red) audio connectors on the VGA cable to the audio port on the monitor, receiver, or amplified speaker system.
    5. Turn on your console.
    6. From the System section, change your display settings. Select the appropriate screen size and resolution for the monitor.

Method 2:

1. Connect the VGA cable as described in Method 1.
    2. Connect your digital audio cable to the digital audio input port on your sound system or TV and to the digital audio output on the console end of the VGA cable connector.
    3. Turn on your console.
    4. From the System section, change your audio and digital output settings. Select the appropriate digital audio settings for the system.

If you have a cable with HDMI connector then that will do and help you to connect to Xbox 360 to HD monitor. But if that's not then I would suggest you to go to Newegg or Amazon and get some HDMI to DVI cable. Other than that above methods would also do the trick.