Thread: BioShock 2 Mouse Fix

BioShock 2 Mouse Fix

I am having a lot of problems controlling my mouse while playing Bioshock 2. It is really affecting a lot with my game play. There is no doubt that the game is excellent but when it comes to play the game it completely makes you dumb. The only problem is with the mouse movements, acceleration, lagginess which affects your gameplay. Is there any way to avoid such kind of problems and have a smooth and effective gameplay?

Re: BioShock 2 Mouse Fix

I am having Razer DeathAdder mouse and as you all know it features 1800 dpi but inspite of having such a best performing mouse I am unable to play this game. I first thought of driver problems but although I installed all the latest drivers from Razer I am still unable to play the game. That's ridiculous. I certainly thinks that the problem is of the game and 2K Marin and Irrational Games should provide some kind of fix or patch to solve this.

Hello Anthony, certain questions that come to my mind. Which mouse and at what sensitivity are you playing the game? Do you have all the drivers from the manufacturer for your mouse? Is there any feature for mouse acceleration in the game? Is it on or off? Isn't the mouse conflicting with any other hardware?

Hey guys, don't worry. 2K Marin has already released a new patch for the PC version of the game which allows you to use your mouse button multiplayer. Other than this problem, a larger patch solving a lot of problem is still to come from the developers. This patch :

* Fixes an issue where 16:9 resolutions were letterboxed versions of 4:3 resolutions, thereby properly fixing the FOV and expanding the horizontal player view as intended.
    * Fixes an issue where holding the M1 button would not register in Multiplayer gameplay.

The solution is simplest. I too had the same problem once and after a lot of R & D, I was able to solve this problem. Simply go to User.ini and replace all instances of "Speed=2000" with "Speed=500". This solves the mouse acceleration problem a lot. Also set FOV to 110 have a slight tunnel vision effect. For mouse lag, see to it that vsync is disabled and if it not then disable it and see it should solve the later problem also.