Thread: what is Carmageddon? Is it a game?

what is Carmageddon? Is it a game?

I saw the reply from karrma on how to run Carma in Windows XP. Thing is, I am totally non technical and don't understand 99.99% of the way to go about it. I don't know anything about imaging files, etc. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 2 years old? Although a 2 year old would prob know how to do it.

Re: what is Carmageddon? Is it a game?

Carmageddon is basically a pc game and to install it follow the instructions given in this topic: Running carmageddon in windows xp

If you can also give us some information about your computer configurations i would be great, so that we can diagnose whether your pc can run the game or not.

Re: what is Carmageddon? Is it a game?

Yes. It's old. It's originally a DOS game. I don't know from configurations. Is there somewhere on my computer I can find out what they are-like in systems or something? Like I said, I am basically a 2 year old when it comes to anything more complicated that would take more than a few minute attention span. I had the game when you still had a DOS option. The box says-DOS-CD-Rom-Windows 95/98 Compatible with 16 bit sound, CD-Rom and mouse driver installed. (It doesn't come with a mouse) Pentium Processor, 16 MB Ram (DOS), 24 MB Ram (Windows 95) SVGA video card (Vesa) compliant) Quad speed CD-ROM drive. The directions that came with it read- Windows 95/98:From the destop click on start, run and type the drive letter (I know enough that I have C drive), so it would be C:\start.exe and click OK. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the install process. After install, run SNDSETUP.EXE from the game directory to configure my sound card. It's an Interplay game if that means anything. Your patience is more than appreciated. Thanks.