Thread: Just Cause 2 Texture updating problem

Just Cause 2 Texture updating problem

I am using an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor on Asus motherboard which has an onboard graphics of 256 MB. I also have got an external ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5770 video card. I have got the newly launched Just Cause 2 computer game and installed it o my computer. After installing it was working fine. I tried to play with minimum graphical support and it was not working well. So I then again again change the settings of the game to play on high graphical support. But now even with the required support the textures in the game are not clear. What to do ?

Reinstall the game

I have not yet got the Just Cause 2 game on my computer but I had this kind of issue with SIMS III where i tried to change the graphics settings and in the end the game started to crash on a regular bases. I then had to re-install the game because all my other efforts were of not use. So I guess you would also have to re-install the game.

Just Cause II System Requirements

I would prefer you have a look at the system requirements of the Just Cause II cause the issue more likely to evolve as a result of the system incompatibility for the game. Here is a list of System requirements for Just Cause II for Windows operating System:
    • Processor: Dual-Core CPU of 3 GHz
    • RAM: 2 Gigs
    • Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • Hard Drive space: 10 GB Free
    • Graphic Memory: Minimum 256 MB
    • DirectX: 10
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    • DVD Rom Drive
    • Keyboard & Mouse

Re: Just Cause 2 Texture updating problem

Have you changed any hardware of the system after changing the graphical settings. Because in my view the issue is due to some hardware problem. One possibility is the video card is not fitted properly. So open your computer chassis and unplug the video card and plug it back in properly. While doing so make sure you should take care not to bend the video card.

My computer also has the same ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5770 graphic card. I recently have upgraded my system from Window XP to Windows 7 and also did the necessary hardware modifications. On upgrading to Windows 7 I had installed Mass Effect II on my computer and the game used to lag and also for most of the times the graphics were not clear. So then I updated my graphic card drivers and it solved the issue for me. Hence my suggestion for you is to update your graphic card drivers.

Play with 1024 x 768 pixels resolution

If you were able to play the game well enough initially then there should not be any issues as such. But to overcome the texture problem I think you need to make sure you are playing the game in the recommended screen resolution i.e. 1024 x 768 pixels. Also make sure that there are no other processes running in the background as well. Use a single core to play the game.

If your Motherbaord has "graphics" in it and you have drivers installed , and you installed a REAL GRAPHICS card and istalled drivers for it you may HAVE driver conflict,s UNITSTALL all VIDEO drivers! and install only the drivers for the VIDEO device you want to use!

And for the one thst said becareful not to bend your video card!?? U cannot bend a video card! you can take it out and Break it if your stong enough! GOOD LUCK trying to bend it! GEZZ!