Thread: Games are lagging on Windows 7.

Games are lagging on Windows 7.

Hello everybody, I have just upgraded my computer by installing the windows 7 Operating system on it. Everything is working fine but i do not get that how windows 7 lags in gaming. I have installed a latest drivers to my Nvdia 8500GT. Some of the games such as Counter Strike, Crysis etc which was running without any problem on my windows vista machine but since i have upgraded my windows version they are running but it lags so much that there is no mean to play them. Can you guys help me know that what could be the problem here?

Re: Games are lagging on Windows 7.

There are many games which are not supported by the windows 7 but they run absolutely fine with the windows XP and Vista. I think here you would be facing the same problem. I have tried Counter Strike to play on windows 7 but got the same problem as you have, so just replaced my OS with the older one that is windows XP I think you can not solve this problem as Windows 7 Operating system itself does not support all this games up to sufficient limit.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I think you should try to update the display adapter driver which could also be the problem behind your issue. Make sure that you are logged on as an administrator.
    1. Go to the Start Menu and open Control Panel then System and Maintenance.
    2. Now open Device Manager and type password if it is required.
    3. Now select for the Display adapter in the Device Manager and double-click on the device name.
    4. Click on the Driver tab and uninstall it.
    5. Restart the computer let it install the generic drivers.
    6. Now you may go to the official web site of Microsoft to update the drivers for the device in which problem persists.

As most of the games lags while playing if they do not have a perfect support from their graphic drivers even if you have enough hardware to play that particular game. I have given you the steps by which you can see the latest Windows Updates where you can find the latest drivers for your hardware.
    1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In the left pane, click Check for updates.
    3. To see if updated drivers are available, click View available updates. Windows Update will list any updated drivers that are available for devices installed in your computer.
    4. If updates are available, click the driver that you want to install, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Lagging of games happens because of the more and more usage of the processor. If your processor busy with all other applications as well while playing the game then it might happen that your game lags while playing but it will run. Actually in this kind of problems all you can do it just to shut some other applications which are consuming more speed of your processor. To see the usage of processor by the different processes that are currently running on your computer, Go to the Task Manager.

If you have a Older machine go to control panel go to System/ advanced/ then click tab "adjust for best preformance" this will turn off all the JUNK on all Windows OS,s! I have a Very fast pc and I do this for them all xp/7.. I HATE JUNK!

if this don,t speed up your game get a Progy called"codestuff starter" install it, click on the "Startups" tab "Delete everything" you don,t need any program to startup when you start your pc! If you run STUPID ANTIVIRUS programs turn them off they are useless now dayes!

Restart your pc it should be very fast now! almost as fast as xp!

And install the correct driver for your video card don,t use the driver that comes with 7!