Thread: P-6831FX displays Black Screen for Video Games

P-6831FX displays Black Screen for Video Games

I am having a Gateway P-6831FX laptop. Though I have had no major problem with this laptop but of late it is displaying a Black screen for video games. I generally use my laptop for gaming. I usually play Counter Strike (CS 1.6). But now it is displaying Black Screen for Counter Strike. I tried other games as well and the same result is been noted for all. What can be the reason? How to fix it?

RAM gone Bad

Have you recently installed any emulators for the game. The BSOD error can be caused by a number of reasons of which one is the RAM memory. You need to verify if the RAM stick is functioning properly or not. Because if the RAM is gone bad then there is a possibility of the laptop displaying BSOD.

Reinstall Game

Have to tried re-installing the game. Might be the settings for the game were modified. I would suggest you to un-install the game and re-install it again. Also when the game is re-installed reboot your laptop. Try using minimum graphics settings to play the game. Also re-install any graphics emulators if you are using any.

Re: P-6831FX displays Black Screen for Video Games

The issue of Black Screen Of Death is usually because of the game not getting the required graphical support. If your laptop is having any external graphic card attached then there are chances of the graphic card being not working properly because of which you are getting the Black Screen of Death. So you try using some other graphic card and see if the error persist.

Re: P-6831FX displays Black Screen for Video Games

I have been using a HP laptop for two years now. And I also had to face the Black screen error on running high end graphical application. This was not the case when I had earlier purchased it. So to overcome it my computer technician advised me to get the BIOS updated. I got the BIOS updated from the vendor and this has improved the performance of my laptop to a great extent.