Thread: Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3

Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3

I am facing an issue to install a game in the Windows 7 operating system, that I have recently upgraded from Windows Vista. The actual problem is that Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3. I get a message saying that the setup has not been recognized by the operating system. I do not know if my computer has the required configuration for playing this game. Hence, it will be very helpful if someone provides me the system requirements of this game. I am waiting for suitable replies.

System requirements of Tropico 3

I am not able to understand why Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3. Just have a look at the system requirements of this game, since you may know about the reason:

MINIMUM:
    • Operating Systems: Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Single-Core
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • Graphics Card: 256MB DirectX9c, Shader Model 3.0 (Geforce 6 Series, ATI X1300)
    • Hard Disk: 5 GB free
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible

RECOMMENDED:
    • Operating Systems: Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual-Core
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • Graphics Card: 512MB DirectX9c, Shader Model 3.0 (Geforce 8 Series, ATI HD4800)
    • Hard Disk: 5 GB free
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible

There are no incompatibility issues of the game with the operating system

Looking at the system requirements of the game that are provided in the above post, it is clear that there are no incompatibility issues of the game with the operating system. I suppose that there are some problems with the setup of the game due to which Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3. It is suggested that you must try to install this game from another setup.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The operating system is blocking the setup from starting

If Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3, then it is clear that the operating system is blocking the setup from starting. In such cases, there is only one solution that can help, that is you must force the particular application or program to start. So, go to the setup of the game and then, use the Run as Administrator option, so that it will force the setup to start.

No applications and programs must run while installation

You will have to make it sure that no applications and programs must run while installation. This may be the reason why Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3. To avoid such issues, it is always recommended before the start of any softwares and games, that all the other applications and programs that are running must be stopped. Just try the same and let me know if the problem is resolved or not.

Look out for the compatibility tool

I suppose that you must look out for the compatibility tool. All the required compatibility settings will be done, if the problem of Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3 is because of some incompatibility problem. Such tools have been released for all those softwares and applications that are having any such problems with the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3

HELP NEEDED
    I have recently purchased Tropico 3, tryed to install it, when installation finishes a pop up comes up stating that i need a dx9 compatible video card then diverts me to the home page of tropico 3. I have tryed changing the screen resolution, downloading the latest dx9 from microsoft with still no luck. When I re insert the disk I no longer have the option to install just to play, when I click this the message still appears. I am no computer expert, as you may have expected, really Im quite the techno-phobe, can anyone please please please help me so that my purchase is not a complete waste of money.

Many thanks

Re: Windows 7 does not allow the installation of Tropico 3

Quote Originally Posted by tropico3help View Post
    when installation finishes a pop up comes up stating that i need a dx9 compatible video card then diverts me to the home page of tropico 3.
    This message means that you must have a graphics card to play this game and the card should be compatible with DirectX 9. Just installing DirectX 9 won't fix the problem. Do you have any graphics card installed on your system ? If yes, which one ?

Also make sure sure your system meets the minimum system requirement for the game:
    Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
    AMD Processor - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+
    Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
    ATI Graphics Card - Radeon X1600