Thread: Just Cause 2 Black Screen and flickering problem

Just Cause 2 Black Screen and flickering problem

I am Vista 32 bit with quad core processor and a decent graphic card from nvidia called 9800gtx. I have installed 4 gb ram of corsair as well. Now, I have started playing Just Cause 2 Game with all graphics settings that I could but still my screen goes black and sometimes even flickers. Even though meeting this games minimum requirement I am not able to play this game. What can I do to solve this Graphics related problem with Just Cause 2 game. Thanks for any comments.
    wus up everybody?

re: Just Cause 2 Black Screen and flickering problem

Have you downloaded this game from Steam? You will need to verify the game files on Steam. To do so right click on the game then go to properties and select local files tab and from their verify integrity of game cache. If it still doesnt work then the problem definitely lies within your graphic card. Just check playing this game with some cards.

Are you able to play different games like Far Cry 2 or Crysis without same black screen problem? Can you post a pic of your desktop running the game Just Cause 2? What you can try is get into the video settings ingame and try to increase brightness or contrast and see whether you get the same black screen or not? If the problem still persists then you might need to check you graphic card for repairing.

Have you tried some other drivers for your graphic card? I remember that some similar kind of problem with DX11 mode in Aliens vs Predator was occuring which was a know issue and its readme says that:
    Currently in the DX11 version the gamma video option is not compatible
    with Nvidia video cards. You should leave the gamma at its default setting
    (0.5) in these circumstances. This may be addressed in a future driver
    release.

Try to use the 196.21 drivers from nvidia cause I am using the same version and not experiencing any of these graphical issues with Just Play 2 at the moment.

Re: Just Cause 2 Black Screen and flickering problem

Are you running the game with SLI on your graphic card? If so then it requires profiles to work correctly and till now nvidia hasnt released a SLI profile update for Just Cause 2. In case it is released then check www.nvidia.com to get the latest SLI profile package for this game. In case you might wanna turn off SLI and see whether it is working or not.

Did you have to get monitor out of range while playing Just Cause 2? What is your desktop resolution and refresh rate cause you might need to change it. Also if possible can you tell us what Directx version you have installed on your pc, just type dxdiag in start --> run --> and get the full information. Also if possible then update your graphic card aand monitor drivers to the latest.

I just found this thread a second ago by googling and i have the same problem.
    Randomly the screen just turns black and after that it throws me to desktop, and after that i can't continue playing because the game window is completely black. I can hear the game voices tho.

I noticed that after the crash my graphics cards drop to 2D clocks and stay there even while running a 3D program (games and stuff), which ofc drops perfomance quite a lot. I thought it was caused by overclocking but nah, even at stock speeds the game still crashes.

Speccs:
    GTX260 SLI
    i5 750 @ 4,2ghz
    2x2gb G.Skill Trident 2111mhz (9-9-9-27)
    Some random 850W power

Just Cause 2 is the only game that crashes, so its not really that much of a problem. Just a little annoying

Hmm apparently there is no *edit* button..

Well, i think that the black screen is caused by GPU Water Simulation. I just played about 5 hours with it turned off and no problems, i decided to turn it on and the game crashed about 10 minutes after that. Could be just a nice timing tho.

Also, i just finished the game. Took me ~14 hours, one of the few games i have actually played through on singleplayer. Really love it!