Thread: Just Cause 2 crashing computer system

Just Cause 2 crashing computer system

I have a very good laptop which is running Nvidia Geforce GTX graphic card, 3 gb ram and an core 2 duo processor. The operating system that is installed on this laptop is Windows 7 32 bit. I was able to play the demo without a glitch but when today I booted up my laptop it just crashes my whole system down. Any ideas what could be the problem here.

Re: Just Cause 2 crashing computer system

I think your graphic drivers have gone corrupt, which version are you using by the way? I assume that you need to completely uninstall your graphic driver and reinstall it. Download Driver Cleaner which will completely remove your drivers and after that freshly reinstall the latest version of nvidia graphic driver straight from its official site.

Laptops tends to get heated up very soon. So therefore I would recommend you to get some temperature software that will montior your temp causing an issue or not. It might be also that you have to verify the demo incase if you have downloded it from Steam just for a safety precuations. In case if you see your laptop temp getting high the I strongly suggest you to apply some coolant or some thermal paste to cool it down.

Never update your nvidia driver to the latest cause everytime there seems to be some glithes coming with it as well. I am running an old stable driver version 196.75 of nvidia and it is running fine at the moment. I am also using a Zalman cooling pad under my laptop just to keep it cool while multi-tasking on laptop. You might wanna try these driver versions too and tell us your results.

Do these thing, delete the demo or uninstall it and the again reinstall it on your laptop. Grab yourself a temp monitor software that show you the temp for your graphics card. While playing the game if you see your temp rising suddenly upto 100C then you might require a cooler to cool down your laptop. Also if possible play the game in normal or default settings, that might solve your issue.