Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456 LastLast

Thread: Just Cause 2 PC Demo Fatal DirectX error

Re: Just Cause 2 PC Demo Fatal DirectX error

Quote Originally Posted by theranga123 View Post
    I got the exact same error message as"Kool".
    My laptop is an Alienware M11x, the new gaming laptop from dell which meets all minimum requirements but this message comes up, somebody please help because one gig of our 4 gig internet plan has been wasted if this doesn't work.
    Also, how do you run in "/failsafe"

GO TO:
    this is the error message:
    I have the alienware m11x R2 and i have the same problem have you found out what was wrong?? Help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh10 View Post
    I have the alienware m11x R2 and i have the same problem have you found out what was wrong?? Help please!!
    Download the modded INF file that will trick the drivers into working for the game just cause 2 on alienware machines from here. Then after that download driver sweeper and install it and remove everything from Nvidia eg. Drivers/PhysX/Control Panel. Reboot machine and boot to safe mode and then run Driver Sweeper and check on all nvidia items then run Clean to clean up your systems from all Nvidia related files and registry. Once done reboot machine again. After it is done, log in to normal windows and extract the modded inf file to this folder “C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\258.96\WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display”. Then try to open the windows explorer and go to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\258.96\WinVista_Win7_64\International\ and run the Setup.exe and choose the "Install Anyway" option. Reboot your machine after the installation is done and play the game.

Hello
    I have the same problem
    how can I find out if my pc dx 9 or 10 or something else?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by zinbratz View Post
    Hello
    I have the same problem
    how can I find out if my pc dx 9 or 10 or something else?
    thx
    You could go to Start >> Run >> then type dxdiag, to completely get what version of directx is installed in your computer. Or else you can also download Belarc Advisor software that builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser.

I will give you a list of cpu and graphics card that support this game:

CPUs supporting SSE3
    Athlon 64 Revision E/F/G : 2005-2008 : SSE SSE2 SSE3
    Phenom : 2007 – 2008 : SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4a (not SSE4. 1/4.2)
    Phenom II : 2009 – : SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4a (not SSE4. 1/4.2)

Graphic Cards supported
    ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900GT
    ATI Radeon HD 3450, 3650, 3850, 3870, 3870 X2, 3870 Crossfire
    ATI Radeon HD 4800, 4850, 4850 Crossfire, 4870, 4870 X2
    Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS, 8500 GT, 8600 GTS, 8800 GT, 8800 GTS, 8800 SLI
    Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT, 9800 GT, 9800 GTX
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 260, GTX 280, GTX 280 SLI

You can play this game with your onboard graphics but you will get a minimum of 2 to 4 fps even on lowest settings.

Thats not true, i can play crysis on high graphics, but even then the FPS does not drop below 8 or 10. I run it on the lowest to get no lag.

I have an integrated, Intel HD card with an i5 processor though. And 4gb ram, 2.66ghz processor that goews to 2.93ghz. The graphics card is 1755mb.

Hi. I have the same error. This is the first game ever on my laptop where this has happend and i would much appreciate some help.

I have a Acer Aspire 5820tg. 2,4 ghz. ati mobility radeon hd 5650.

I'm playing lots of similar games on this computer so the specs should be good enough.

There seemed to be a problem when it tried to install the direct x during the installer. I've downloaded the game from steam.

What would be the way to proceed with your recommended solution?

Hi cyrilp,

What kind of problem or error were you getting when installing the directx on your pc? Are you trying to play this game on Windows XP, cause if so, then Windows XP Operating System is not supported to play Just Cause 2, you have to install either Windows Vista or Windows 7 to play it on your pc. Or you can try to open the windows 7 directx fatal error repair tool and scan you computer and then click the Repair All Button to fix this issue.

Hi there. I did a registry scan and fixed some problems but still the same error from the game.

The pc is running on w7, just 4-5 months old and i havent had any other problems with games before this.

When i installed the game i got the fatal dx error 15 message so i believe it tried to start the game after the installation. No other errors were seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilp View Post
    Hi there. I did a registry scan and fixed some problems but still the same error from the game.

The pc is running on w7, just 4-5 months old and i havent had any other problems with games before this.

When i installed the game i got the fatal dx error 15 message so i believe it tried to start the game after the installation. No other errors were seen.
    Alright, can you please tell us what is your computer specifications? I think that you got to have a DirectX 10 video card so that you can play this game, and if you dont have it then you are tend to get this error. If you have a directx 10 graphics card then try to install the latest driver for it in your pc, uninstall and reinstall the game again, and check whether it is working now or not.

I'm running dx11 as i can see here... do I have to try and go back to dx10?
    How is this done then?

Strange that this game should be so dificult to run (as many here have problems with it) since for instance the latest GTA runs like a charm.

sad Re: Just Cause 2 PC Demo Fatal DirectX error

Yeah me too i try playing it and it says the same my description thing is
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Business (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: OptiPlex 755
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A11
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 3316MB RAM
    Page File: 2161MB used, 4690MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Somebody PLZ help me!!!

Hi Reefi1011,

Could you please tell us what is your full computer specifications? As you have mentioned that you have a Dell OptiPlex 755 system, the onboard graphics is Intel GMA 3100 which neither supports Directx 10 or Directx 11 games. So basically, you would want to upgrade your GPU to a DX10 or DX11 version in order to play this game. Although, directx 11 is installed in your machine but with that onboard graphics you wont be able to play Just Cause 2 game.

hi, i've the same problem!! i installed the game and when i try to run it is says fatal error etc. the game is legal and so is my OS. but i can't find out what i have to do can someone please help me!?

processor: intel(R) core(TM) i5 cpu M 480 @ 2.67GHz (4CPUs), ~2,7GHz
    memory: 4096MB RAm
    directx version: directx 11

i don't know what my graphic card is can someone tell me how i can find that!?

plz help me!!!!

Well, basically it is the DirectX Fatal Error. You can simply fix it by following these steps:

First download a windows 7 directx fatal error repair tool, Run this repair tool and scan you computer for free. Once the scanning is over, click on "Repair All" Button again and your done!.

i don't know what my graphic card is can someone tell me how i can find that!?
    You can get it by removing the Cover of your cabinet, or simply install CPUZ and run it. It will show your complete system details.

Jobs4help Guest

Hi Reefi1011,

Is your DirectX version suitable to the one required for this game? Have a check on their official website and go see your DX configuration using the DXdiag program, if you donno where it is, this tool has is already built in and also helps update to the proper version fast and securely.

Hope you can solve this problem and play the game soon!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456 LastLast