Thread: Phenom IIx4 955 showing as PhenomIIx3 b55

Phenom IIx4 955 showing as PhenomIIx3 b55

I have recently purchased the Phenom IIx4 955 Black. I have also bought the correct box and CPU was embossed properly when I installed that. When I went to BIOS, then it shows me only three cores. If I use Everest then it affirms that I am having "TripleCore AMD Phenom II x3 Black B55. CPU-Z is also giving me the same information. AMD overdrive is showing me that I have PhenomIIx4 955 but if I see the details then there are only three cores which are running.

I am really puzzled because of this. My BIOS considers that I have three cores. I you know any way to unlock the 4th core them please let me know. Thank you very much in advance for spending your valuable time in reading and replying to this problem.

Re: Phenom IIx4 955 showing as PhenomIIx3 b55

There are many motherboards that have the option for enabling and disabling the cores on the AMD chips. You should check for the ACC or options for enabling and disabling the cores. As you told that the window is reading it as Phenom II 955 bit the BIOS is showing only 3 cores. So think that you have bad CPU as a substitute of a faked unlocked CPU. Try to solve this and if you are not able to solve this then I am sure that they will take it back but it should be under warranty.

This is not only you who is facing the problem like this. I have seen many people on many forums who have the same problem. Many of them managed to solve that issue. Here is what you can try. You have to type msconfig in the Run box and press enter. Now select boot tab and go to the advanced options. From there you will be able to uncheck the number of the processor.

I think that the forth core in your system is disabled by the BIOS. Just enter to your BIOS settings and check for this. If that is disabled form there then you can enable it from BIOS. If that is not able to solve the problem then you can update the BIOS to the latest version and see if that helps you or not. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

You can try one more thing to solve this issue. Uninstall the processors from device manager and again install that. After reinstalling check that if it shows you the fourth core. I think that you have the weak core and the chip is borderline x3 but it should be a x4 because they care the same chip x3 555 & x4 955. If no suggestion helps you then you can send it can to the manufacturer.