Thread: How to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support

How to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support

I was wondering how to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support. Although I have heard that this game supports only DirectX 10 version or above but will there be any tweak in future so that we can play this game on Windows XP. I dont want to invest on buying another version of OS cause I just have upgraded my system and dont have the cash. Thanks
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

Re: How to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support

Well, to be frank, Just Cause 2 doesnt supports DirectX 9 version. The developers have made it for support to DirectX 10 or greater versions only. I have playing this game atm and to be honest it is a game with pretty basic graphics that requires DX10. With such low basic graphics I was also thinking why it was made to be played on DirectX 10 version and above only.

abishek Guest

This game has some bugs with Windows 7 and Windows Vista where these operating systems disables the graphics card driver and afterwards reloads it to every 40 seconds or so which makes the game unplayable. This bug was seen in many such games but still there isnt a fix for the same. Even if you have a high end graphic card like GTX or GX cards from Nvidia then also you suffer from the same problem.

Actually, this problem is with nvidia drivers only. If anyone has installed the latest drivers of nvidia then it will stop the game from loading where we start the new game. And to resolve this issue there is a fix to get around it but alas it will make the game highly unstable, and even make the game crash at frequent times. I hope a patch soon releases for this game.

Below is the fix for all Nvidia graphic cards owners only and try it on your own risk:

1. You first need to start the game.
    2. Then as soon as the game starts press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard to get taskbar running.
    3. You then need to go to the process bar and search for JustCause2.exe and right click on it.
    4. As soon as you right click on it you will get options like "Set affinity" so click on it.
    5. Now here, make this game work on with one processor only.
    6. Now return to the game and click on the new game and you will notice that you can get past the introductions or demos of the game. Enjoy.

It is actually not a nvidia driver problem because same happens with ati graphics card as well and also on onboard intel cards. This problem has to do something with the new setting which came up in Windows Vista called TDR. Windows usually detects the FPS drops below a certain number for a specific period of time and hence the video driver crashes.

not running with directx 10 in vista
    just cause 2

Quote Originally Posted by ashutosh5 View Post
    not running with directx 10 in vista
    just cause 2
    What do you mean that just cause 2 is not working in vista with directx 10 support, usually it is a game that cant be played with windows xp with directx 9 support only, so it should work on vista. I think that you should try to update the directx 10 on your vista machine again and check whether it is working or not. Please try to be more specific and give us as much detail of your problem that you are facing, so that we can help you.

question Re: How to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support

same thing happened to me.
    will the alienware mx11 or the Battalion 101 B5130M work for this game?

If you are choosing the Alienware MX11 for your Just Cause 2 gaming purpose then there won't be any issue with the same. Alienware MX 11 supports the Direct X 11 which is enough to play the Just Cause 2 game on the same. This device is well know for the Gaming purpose. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

l33t Re: How to play Just Cause 2 with DirectX 9 Support

thanks. when you say same, did you mean game? cause i didn't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by pcnuts81 View Post
    thanks. when you say same, did you mean game? cause i didn't understand that.
    Yeah, RockOn is saying about the game Just cause itself. Alienware MX 11 is completely compatible with Direct X 11, and hence i dont think you will face some problem while playing. Just give it a try