Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Just Cause 2 game on Windows XP

Play Just Cause 2 game on Windows XP

Hi, I downloaded the latest game called Just Cause 2 from some site. I installed it and when tried to launch it, the game crashes. I have Windows XP sp3 fully updated and I want to play it on my system. Is there any thing that can be done to play this game on Windows XP. I dont want to upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7 just to play this game. Please help me.
    The best there was…
    The best there is…
    The best there ever will be
    .JERRY™

Re: Play Just Cause 2 game on Windows XP

You might be interested in looking at Just Cause 2 PC Game System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements
    • Processor: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon 64 X2 4200/Pentium D @ 3 GHz)
    • Memory: 2 GB
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB Free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    • DirectX: 10
    • Keyboard & Mouse
    • DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.6 GHz/AMD Phenom X3 @ 2.4 GHz
    • Memory: 3 GB
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB Free
    • Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/ATI Radeon HD 5750)
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    • DirectX: 10.1
    • Keyboard & Mouse
    • DVD Rom Drive

Gone are the days for Windows XP because this Operating System supports a Directx Version till 9.0c and to play Just Cause 2 game you require to have an Operating System that supports Directx Version 10 or greater. Now people should get used to the new Operating Systems like Vista or Windows 7 if they want to play new games and all.

Finally a game that cant be played on Windows XP, thanks to its developer Eidos. People should understand that Windows XP is 9 years old and they must upgrade to the latest version as per needs and demand. I also dont thinks there might be any tweak to play Just Cause 2 game on Windows XP. I am still on level 1 of this game

I bet this will be an awesome game and with DirectX 10 UI, it will be more graphical. I couldnt wait to get my hands on it. And to you ans mr. jerry, no, Just Cause 2 is Incompatible with Windows XP. Developers of this game are finally leaving the aging OS behind in favor of Windows 7 (and Vista, as much as someone is capable of being in favor of Vista).

Guess then I will have to upgrade to either Windows 7 or Windows Vista. This is annoying, cause just to play this game we have to spend too much of dollars for its support, hadrware requirements, OS'es and in future god knows what else. It is worthless to pay on growing demands. I would rather buy a gaming console.
    The best there was…
    The best there is…
    The best there ever will be
    .JERRY™

i have found a patch to play Just Cause 2 on Windows XP

WINDOWS XP FIX
    "Quote"
    Code - [#]

http://hotfile.com/dl/34671222/381c2...or_XP.rar.html

First install DirectX_10_XP
    after complete the installation ,,
    then install DirectX_10_Fix_3__XP

then click on Start Button then click on Run then type dxdiag then hit ENTER key,, then see DirectX Version : DirectX 10.0

now u have the DirectX 10 on XP….

Is the fix working for you, Jerry?

I have tried the xp fix but it gives the same error as the normal crack, "the specific program requires a newer version of windows".

Same here, no luck with the fix.

When my Just Cause 2 works on XP........

That dx10 for xp fix is a fake, all it does is change your dxdiag readout to show dx10, it doesn't actually install any of the components

To me Just Cause 2 work for Windows XP.

What is really stupid is This game was made for XBOX which is only dx9 and the difference from dx 9 and dx 10 is so little, it is redicuolous Most game,s out will support dx9 and dx 10 and even dx11 THINK ABOUT IT!

THIS IS JUST STUPID! HALO 2 was dx10 only but they patched that, it is now playable on XP!

I use a "HOTSWAP" hardrive system so I can quickly change My XPsp2 HD, which I use everyday "BECAUSE EVERYTHING WORKS", to MS 7 HD , to test patches and drivers AND play this game! The graphics are no where near Crysis even in Dx9 mode! the Skins are better in many other games in dx9 mode! So why did these IDIOTS only use dx10?

FOR NO LOGICAL REASON! only to make you buy a new OS!

I have tested every game in Dx 9 XPsp2 And then tested them on Win 7 Dx10

the difference is so little you really have to look hard to see the difference!

I have a 4890 ATI I run everything on high @1920x1200 on a 26 inch ASUS monitor ,WHICH I LOVE, and on a 42 lcd hdtv which is just too big for 1920x1080, need higher RES for larger monitors I ,m waiting for 2800x1800 Ultra HD LCD/led tv,s "next gen" then I will play on LARGE screens all the time!

Completely agree, RMJ. Some kind of conspiracy by MS to make more people upgrade, I think.
    Make people buy your OS(XP) touting it as the best thing to happen to Software. Get people to bite. Come out with a ridiculously useless upgrade(Vista). Ask people to buy it, when hardly anyone does, come up with a patched Vista with cosmetic changes, call it Windows 7, get some game developers to adopt it as the only PC OS on which the game will run, and Voila! you have gamers running to upgrade to run the new cool game.

XP was pretty much JUNK untill Sp2. And with that Patch it became the Best OS beside Linx or unx , I had XP for over a year before I could even use it! Nothin worked!

If windows 7 Worked well enough I would not be writing this, And saying what all the "Kids" are that only use 2 programs Say , TIME TO UPGRADE!
    When My TV stops Crashing on "7", when My TV stops frezzing when I open any window on "7", When My printer will work everytime I use it on "7", When My USB sound card For my Guitar will work everytime I plug it in with "7"When My 88 key,s usb keyboard will work everytime I plug it in in "7" When my sound card stops dropping Channels in "7"......... and the list is LONG!

I never have any of these issues in XP!

SO if they wanna Make games only for an OS that has so many issues, I will buy it!

I ment I won,t buy it! I do Buy games I like and play online! I bought "Operation flashpoint" , best game ever made. I bought " ARMA" major disappointment! That game should have came with a can of RAID! even after all the patches! wasted 45$
    I bought Operation flashpoint Dragon Rising After testing! Best Online game to date. I love the COOP!

I test everygame! pay for few! most are not worthy of a replay and or the Online is just very limited, After playing Opertion Flashpoint , and Dragon rising everything else is just RUN AND GUN RESPAWN kids stuff! And very small MAP,s why do they even have sniper weapons in those games??? New Battle field is okay but LIMITED movement in the game "MAP" makes the game BORING! Yes it is bigger then CODMW2 but After playing better games it still KIDS STUFF!

This game was fun I finished it 2 times! but after the seacond repaly it became too easy! And never played again! the first play through took over 14 hours I did a lot of stuff, and learned how to Kick ass with the graple

DirectX 10 features advanced 3-D graphics-rendering capabilities and helps improve your computer's performance in games and high-end 3-D applications. Might be the copy which you are installing is not perfected or it is corrupted. So it is better to download it from the official site which is Microsoft. Check more on here

its simple use windows vista or windows 7 to run game
    it not going to work on windows xp

RMJ i signed up to this website just to say ............

I completely agree with you.

Vista was awful adn i completely skipped i and didnt even bother changing from xp because all of my stuff didnt work anymore adn im so glad i never stayed with Vista.,

I will eventually upgrade to Windows 7 in a few years. Probably when i get a whole new rig ill upgrade. But im certainly not upgrading from Xp just to play Just Cause 2 tha the minimum requirements, is GET THIS people,

Minimum:

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista (Windows XP is unsupported)
    Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
    Memory: 2GB System Memory
    Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space
    Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card
    DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10

lol just check out the minimum CPU requirement... Its a 4 year old CPU this game can run on. A PENTIUM D!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!? I remember having a pentium 4 2.8 Ghz in 2004. Hmmmm thats under Crysis's minimum requirements on DX9.

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalen
    Memory: 3GB system Memory
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
    DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1

LOL my specs are just as good as these and can play every game on xp USING the specs i have on max.

But just because i achoose no to use an OS when its still in its infancy i can tplay this game. OH WELL.......

Guess ill have to go play STALKER or The Witcher or Rome Total War or even DOOM 3 or Grand theft Auto 4 again Or even SWAT 4. What a shame.....................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast