Thread: Street Fighter IV game application freezes

Street Fighter IV game application freezes

Hello. I have a desktop machine that is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have game application that is Street Fighter IV installed to the system. The problem is that the application is not able to execute well. It freezes while been played. I have no idea what could be the reason that it is causing such issue. Please do help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted.

Re: Street Fighter IV game application freezes

The game application the is been installed to the system may have some issues related to the same. It could be that the application is been appended with bug and hence it needs to be reinstalled. So do check out for the thing by reinstalling the game application with a new copy of the installer file. this would then help you out in sorting the issue.

There might be a compatibility issue that is been associated with the same. You need to check out that the system is been compatible to support the game application as the issue could relate well that the operating system may not have the addon support for the game. Check out for the latest edition or support file to make the application to work out well.

The system configuration is quite very essential to look out for the same. You can look out and figure out the issue by checking out the system ailments that is been given as follows:

• Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher
    • Windows XP
    • 1GB RAM or higher
    • 10GB of free space or more
    • DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce6600 series,
    • ATI Radeon(TM) X1600 or higher or higher, VRAM :256MB or higher
    • DirectSound compatible
    • DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

The game application is not able to support under Windows 7 and hence it show or freezes while playing. You need to install the compatibility tools for Windows Xp or Vista under Windows 7 from the compatibility center. This would then allow the application to use the features of the required application tool that is been installed. So do process out this should work.

Run the system under safe mode option and then try to execute the process. This would then allow the game application to support the system and process out. This is because safe mode do not have enabled advanced features that Windows 7 possess. It has disabled services so almost all the game application can function out well for the same. Check out.

Initially I had tried Street Fighter IV (PC version) by getting a cracked copy from a friend. When I used that, the game NEVER froze during play et.c..
    I recently bought my OWN copy of the game. Now when I start the game, it freezes periodically during game-play. Whether it's single player or online.
    Why would this be happening with a legit copy? I can't find ANY patches pertaining to bug fixes for the game. But I HAVE seen other reports of gamers who said Street Fighter IV freezes periodically.
    Could this be an issue with a required update which the cracked copy might have had, or maybe an issue with my AMD drivers?? some kind of conflict maybe? or STIV is using too much processing power for some reason?
    And no I can't reformat and start over, because I have waaaaaay too much stuff, which I can't backup at the moment, on my HD
    Please help.

Hi Apocalypse2001,

Can you tell us what is your computer specifications? Have you tried updating the graphics drivers to the latest? Did you uninstall the complete game of Street Fighter IV and then tried to install it freshly again to see if it solves the problem? What operating system you have installed in your pc? Try to close all background applications and then run the game and check whether it freezes again or not.