Thread: Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games

Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games

On browsing the internet recently, I found a very shocking news, that is the Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games. The DRM method requires that the system must be connected to the internet for playing the game. Already when the users were playing the games like Assassins Creed 2 and Silent Hunter 5 using this feature of DRM, many problems were being faced. Now, if EA Games will also use this same technique, then I will not able to play any of them, since I do not have an internet connection.

Re: Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games

It will be indeed very hard for the users who do not have an internet connection, if the Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games, since EA is a team that develops the best games, at-least I have liked most of them. The DRM server was also hit by a DDOS attack some weeks ago. So, there are several disadvantages of using the same and this should be understood by the authorities of EA and thus, quit using the DRM method.

I am not pretty sure that the Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games because they has recently eradicated this technique from the new game that was released, that is Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It should be understood that the PC Gaming interests will be almost killed if this method will be adapted for all the games. If the games like NFS, Cricket and Fifa will require an internet connection, then their demands will be reduced to a great extent.

If the Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games, then the authorities must understand that there is no use of enabling this technique for all the games that will be released. This can be very well understood from the cracks that were released for Assassins Creed 2. When the crack was installed in the system, the game was played by many users who did not have an internet connection with just some modification in the files.

I am always against this Ubisoft's DRM method and its very much hurting to know that it will be followed by EA Games. Well, the games that will be released with such techniques will always be facing the problems, as now it was faced by Assassins Creed 2, that is many of the users were not able to play the game for many hours. If they really want to provide security, then it has to be made sure that no piracy occurs.

Hello there, I do not think that there is any means to stop piracy because of which the Ubisoft's DRM method will be followed by EA Games. But, it will be surely a loos of the authorities itself and this be understood when the gaming demands will become less, from that expected. So, lets wait and hope for the best to happen, that is they should quit the thought of using the DRM method.