Thread: Is my system requirement suitable Far Cry 2 and GTA 4

Is my system requirement suitable Far Cry 2 and GTA 4

I have some this system requirement for the games like FAR CRY 2 and GTA 4. Here are the specs, i have "Intel Dual Core 1.6ghz", 1.5GB RAM and Nvidia 8400gs. So i just wanted to know that my system requirement can play the listed game. If it can then please confirm me or if not then please provide the correct system requirement. I hope that i get the correct suggestion, because i wanted to play this game on my computer and i am waiting it from the last two weeks.

Re: Is my system requirement suitable Far Cry 2 and GTA 4

I think yes you can play these games on low settings but in respect to the high resolution. I have same cpu configuration like E2140 at 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM DDR2, 9500 GT 1GB Nvidia Geforce and GTA 4 which runs perfect on my computer with the medium settings. So if you want then you can play on low and medium setting. And also if you want then try Game Booster which can help you to play these games error free.

I think that even not on the lowest graphic settings it will be a "1.6ghz" can support either one of those games from your games requirement. As i have came to know that the "Far Cry 2" needs the 3ghz and the GTA 4 needs 2.4ghz. I am using a 2.2ghz on the computer and the GTA 4 lags very much when i play this game. So if you want then you can try with the recommended system requirement and then you can see that the games play or not.

Just look at the system requirement of FAR CRY 2 and you will have some idea on your specs.

Minimum requirements for FAR CRY 2
    CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
    Video card: NVIDIA 6800 or ATIX1650 or better, Shader Model 3 required 256 Mb of graphic memory
    Memory: 1 GB
    Media reader: DVD-ROM
    Hard drive space: ~12 Gig or HD space.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I have used these system requirements for the GTA 4 to play it on my computer. I have seen that the official Games for Windows website has been updated with the recommended system requirements for the PC version of GTA IV,
    Here are the recommended system requirements for GTA 4:
    1. Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    2. Processor: Dual core processor or better than that
    3. RAM: 2GB
    4. Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
    5. Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
    6. Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

hi i just bought pentium r dual-core cpu e5800 3.2ghz is it better than core 2 duo or even same i want to play modern games will the games be compatible with my pc.
    iam buying a graphic card which one do u recommend to be cheaper and better.to core 2 duo?

Quote Originally Posted by hazique View Post
    hi i just bought pentium r dual-core cpu e5800 3.2ghz is it better than core 2 duo or even same i want to play modern games will the games be compatible with my pc.
    iam buying a graphic card which one do u recommend to be cheaper and better.to core 2 duo?
    Actually, Core 2 Duo processor is the second genration of Dual core. People just abbreviate it now to Dual Core. Both Intel and AMD have been making Dual Core processors for a few years now. Core 2 Duo is just Intel's name for their dual core processors. And if you can also tell us what is your full computer specifications including the motherboard then we might be able to tell you which graphics card will be suitable with it.

I have motherboard of intel DG41WV essential series is this a good motherboard. it says it supports intel core 2 quad and intel core to duo processors on the cover and it has VGA graphics port. Plz tell me which graphic card is the best and the cheapest and the rates also

will games like far cry 2 and gta 4 and mafia 2 run on my pc .which graphic card is essential for such games plz tell me

i am buying a graphic card in range of 3000 to 4000 rupees which do u recommend which can run modern games like crysis mafia 2 gta 4 will ati 4670 and 4830 radeon good

I want you to go with NvidiaGTX 260 graphic card it is the fantastic one and it will definitely help you to solve the issue related to the latest games. and for further information just click here