Thread: Slow performance in Bad company 2

Slow performance in Bad company 2

Hello there, I have recently upgraded my computer and following is the configuration :-
    • Intel i7 920 HT enabled @ 3.72ghz
    • ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
    • Asus P6T vanilla motherboard X58 chipset
    • 4GB DDR3 @ 1560mhz
    The operating system on the computer is Windows 7 64 bit. On this machine I installed Bad Company 2 but I am not able to play the game properly. All the maps of the game, take a lot of time to load. Also the game lags while playing. I think the configuration is good enough to run the game smoothly and hence I cannot figure out why I am facing Slow performance in Bad company 2. Any help is highly appreciated. I am using Steam to run the game. Can Steam cause such problems while gaming?
    Last edited by Agriya; 22-03-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Re: Slow performance in Bad company 2

Multicore processors are not typically meant for running gaming applications. Multicore processors have more than one processing cores which start processing any application together.which may create problem while playing some games. Therefore you can try and disable the extra processing cores while playing the game and see if the performance of the game improves. To disable the extra processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity and remove one of the cores of the CPU. Click on OK and resume the game.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

The game is loading and running slow on the computer because of the Graphic card which you are using. The game has some incompatibility issue with the ATI graphic cards due to which the performance of the game on the computer having ATI cards is low. The configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphic settings of the game and hence the game lags while playing. You can try and reconfigure the graphic card and see if the performance of the game improves or not.

I think the problem is with the version of Steam which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the system then the application will not work properly. The only solution to your problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall Steam and remove all the files/keys from the computer which are associated to the application. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, reinstall the application and see if the problem persists or not.

The problem which you are facing is due to the incompatible drivers which are installed on the computer for the graphic card. The game which you are trying to play needs special drivers to be installed on the computer for the game to run smoothly. This problem is faced by almost all the users who are trying to play the game on ATI graphic cards. The manufacturer of the graphic cards are trying to release a new updated version of the drivers for the ATI cards which when installed on the computer will make the game run smoothly. Check the official website for the new released drivers for the graphic card and then install it on the computer.