Thread: How to play Sims 3 without CD on mac OS X?

How to play Sims 3 without CD on mac OS X?

Hello, I have a Mac system which is installed with Mac OS X Snow leopard on it. I have Sims 3 installed on the computer and I am really having fun while playing the game. Now I want to install the same game on my brothers computer and hence want to know How to play Sims 3 without CD on mac OS X? So if any of you knows how to go about it, then please share some information about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to play Sims 3 without CD on mac OS X?

Installing the same game on different computer would be illegal as you have purchased only one licensed copy of the game. So I would suggest you to buy a separate copy of the game to install it on the other computer. There is a law to prevent the piracy of the games and it should be followed. Installing the same game on two different computers will be a direct violation of the law and hence it must be avoided.

You can search and find the No CD crack for the game and install it on the computer. No CD crack consist of the game EXE which has target location which is the installed game on the computer while the original exe has target location which is on the CD of the game. Therefore installing the No CD crack will solve the problem but be careful while downloading and installing the CRACK of the game as an invalid crack will corrupt the game and will result in the game not working at all.

I dont think there is any crack available for the version of the game which you are playing and hence there is no workaround for playing the game without CD on the Mac system. You will have to buy a separate copy of the game from the vendor to install it on the other computer as the game will not work without game CD. Even if there is a crack available I would suggest you not to install it on the computer as it will corrupt the game installation on the computer.

Thanks for replying to the post. As suggested I searched and found the required crack for the game on the net and installed it on the computer. The game now works on the computer without CD and I was able to install the same game on my brothers computer but I am not able to play the game with my brother on LAN. Whenever we try to play the game on LAN, the game quits and gives an error saying "Invalid CD key". I cant understand why I am getting the error and hence need your help in solving the issue.

There is no way in which you can play the game with your brother on LAN. The game which is installed on both the computers have the same CD key and hence both the computers are not able to connect to each other. You can try and install the game on the other computer by using some different CD key and then try to play the game on LAN. Once the CD key of any of the game which is installed on the computer is changed, you will not face the same problem again.

I got it to work

The only way I got Sims 3 to work on my Mac (MBP) was to install a crack in Windows for Sims 3, then copy the TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll from Windows and paste it into:
    /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/

After that I made a applescript launcher to launch sims 3:

tell application "Terminal"
    do script "/Applications/The\\ Sims\\ 3.localized/The\\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider_noui"
    end tell

I saved it as a application put it in my applications folder and tada It worked! I tried all kinds of different cracks and everything for mac and none worked, thats the only way I got it to work!
    The only problem is you dont have the normal sims launcher for updates and stuff, but if that doesn't matter it will work!