Thread: Getting fatal error in GTA 4

Getting fatal error in GTA 4

Hello friends,
    I have downloaded and installed GTA 4 game to my computer, when I try to play the game i get an Fatal Error DD3D50 in this game. I don't know what does this error means and all the system requirements that is important for playing this game. I have all the updated drivers and graphics card on my computer. So if anyone knows about this error so please reply me and post the solution for this error with respect to this game.

Re: Getting fatal error in GTA 4

This error DD3D50 means that you need to have the DirectX 9 video card which is required to play this game with great graphic support. I think you need to update your graphic card's driver and also please update DirectX to the 9 version. Todays most of the games they require updated graphics card and grapics support for error free gaming support. So you need to update it.

There are most of the people who have these kind of errors which are thrown to them when they try to play GTA 4 game on their comptuer. The best thing is to update all the required system requirement and also you need to update your computer's graphic driver, so that yyou don't have this problem in the future. This error basically relates to the graphics error which recommends to update the current one in your computer. You can check out all the errors which are mentioned in the specified link below...
    Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA4) Error Codes

If you want then you can just check it out the system requirement for playing GTA 4 game on the computer.

Minimum System Requirements for GTA 4
    1. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
    2. Memory or RAM: 1GB for XP and 1.5GB for Vista
    3. Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 or 256MB ATI X1900
    4. Hard Disk Space: 16GB free
    5. Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP1

Recommended System Requirements for GTA 4
    1. Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
    2. Memory or RAM: 2.5 GB for XP or Vista
    3. Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 or 512MB ATI 3870
    4. Hard Disk Space: 18GB free
    5. Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP1
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I think you need to Un-install the Game from the computer and then you can re-install it again to avaid this problem. If you can do this then it will be possible that you can oversome this problem and can play this game error free. Also you can visit the official site of this game so that you have the idea of what is going on in your game. There you can find all the information about this error.

Hi friend i have solved this problem and if you want then you can do the method, try to set the social club desktop icon to the compatibility for the xp or 2000 and then go to the GTA 4 main program files folder and then set the GTA 4 launcher exe file to the compability for windows 2000. This method worked for me and if you want then you can try this method and i am sure that it will help you out. Hope you understand the method.