Thread: Street Fighter IV Launcher has stopped working error

Street Fighter IV Launcher has stopped working error

I had buy the Genuine version of the Street Fighter IV. I can also make some system upgradation to accommodate the game on my computer. I can modified my computer configuration as processor to AMD Phenom II X2 3.1 GHz, Gigabyte motherboard that can have on board graphics of 512 MB and also can have the slot to add an external video card of Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT which can be of 1 GB. I am now using 2 RAM sticks of 2 gigs each. But when I try to run the Street Fighter IV, it can shows the Street Fighter IV Launcher has stopped working error.

Re: Street Fighter IV Launcher has stopped working error

I guess that the Street Fighter IV game that can you had installed on your desktop computer system can be either corrupted or it can be fully damaged due to of that you can facing this memory related error can be getting. So, I think that un-installation of the Street Fighter IV of the game that you can have installed can be resolve this error of the Street Fighter IV game. I hope it can help you!!

I can also face that kind of Disk read error when I am trying to play the Street Fighter IV game on my computer. I can search a lot on the internet related to this Street Fighter IV disk error but I am not able to get any help that can solve my problem. So, I can uninstall the Street Fighter IV game due to this error. But, I am providing you the following link for your help, Try It!!!

As per my experience, I think that may be your Street Fighter IV can not be loaded correctly on your computer system. If this can be the situation then I advise you that to install the Street Fighter IV game on your computer system once again and modify all of the files that can be required by your Street Fighter IV Game. I hope it can be help for you.

I think there can be no need to install the game Street Fighter IV again, I searched on the Internet when I can find this similar kind of problem. It can be a random bug of shorts as due to it's random (It can not be because of the GfWL -update) Search for a file config and there could be a text with something about Anti Aliasing ("AA") that can be set it to ZERO ("0"). It can work again correctly and perfectly.

I guess that your system requirements can not be supporting your Game Street Fighter IV and that's why you are facing this problem. While searching on the Internet I can find the following recommended requirement for the Street Fighter IV game as follows and can cross checked with you configuration :
    Recommended System Requirements :
    1. OS: Windows Vista
    2. CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or higher
    3. RAM: 2GB or higher
    4. HDD: 10GB of free space or more
    5. Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce8600 series or higher, ATI Radeon(TM) X 1900 or higher, VRAM - 512MB or higher
    6. Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
    7. Input Devices: Gamepad: Xbox360 Controller for Windows

Happy Re: Street Fighter IV Launcher has stopped working error

I have been playing just fine for weeks then all of a sudden the game just stopped working on my PC.. I get the error message that it has stopped working after I click on the "Launch Game" button (after the Launcher).

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Solution? I figured out after much frustration and experimentation.

1.) Change the file "\Program files (x86)\CAPCOM\STREETFIGHTERIV\StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg" to
    StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg.BAK
    2.) Select "Yes" on the next prompt saying: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?"
    3.) On the prompt that says, "You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this file" do not select anything (yet). Note: Be prepared! You will select the "Continue" prompt soon.
    4.) Start the Street Fighter IV (the game) launcher
    5.) Select "Launch Game" then immediately select the "Continue" from the prompt in step 3.

The game will now launch as expected.

EDIT:
    1.) Change the file "\Program files (x86)\CAPCOM\STREETFIGHTERIV\StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg" to
    StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg.BAK
    2.) Select "Yes" on the next prompt saying: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?"
    3.) On the prompt that says, "You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this file" and select Continue.

4.) Next change the file "\Program files (x86)\CAPCOM\STREETFIGHTERIV\StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg.BAK" back to
    StreetFighterIV.exe.cfg

5.) Select "Yes" on the next prompt saying: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?"

6.) On the prompt that says, "You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this file"
    do not select anything this time (yet). Note: Be prepared! You will select the "Continue" prompt again soon.

7.) Start the Street Fighter IV (the game) launcher

8.) Select "Launch Game" then immediately select the "Continue" from the prompt in step 6.

The game will now launch as expected.