Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-03-2010

Blank screen after installing Command and Conquer 4

Hello there, I am facing a weird problem after installing Command and Conquer 4 on my computer. The following is the configuration of my computer :-
  1. Intel Core I7 Processor
  2. Nvidia 9800 GX2 Video card
  3. 12 gig RAM
The operating system on the computer is Windows 7. I downloaded the game and installed it on my computer but I am Getting blank screen after installing Command and Conquer 4 on my computer. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run the game, so I cant figure out why I am facing such problem. If any of you know solution to such problems then please share the information. Thanks in advance.
Old 17-03-2010

Re: Blank screen after installing Command and Conquer 4

There must be some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer, have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the applications gets corrupt or is missing from the system then the application will not work properly. As you are getting a blank screen when the game is started, I think some file is missing on the system. Remove the current installed game from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the game. Once all the traces of the game are removed from the computer, install the game and see if the problem persists or not.
Old 17-03-2010

Multi core processors are not meant for running gaming applications. Multicore processors have multiple processing cores which start processing any application together. This can create problems while running some games. Try and disable the extra processing cores while playing the game and see if the game is working properly. To disable the extra processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on Process of the game. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from all the extra processing cores and Click on OK. Now resume the game and see if the game is working properly.
Old 17-03-2010

Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card can conflict with the graphic settings of the game. If such a situation occurs then the game will not work properly on the system. Also all the Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing software's which may conflict with the game graphics setting. Therefore try reconfiguring the graphic card, according to the game. To configure the graphic card, open the Graphic properties and click on manage 3D settings. Now disable the features of the graphic card which are not supported by the game. After disabling the features which are not supported by the game, save the settings and run the game. Hopefully it will work.
Old 17-03-2010

All the versions of Windows operating system which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode which can be used to run some applications which work properly in older versions of the operating system in latest version of the operating system. Try running the game in compatibility mode and see if the game is working properly. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Select the option which says "Run this application in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Also check mark the option which says "Run the game as Administrator" and apply the settings. Now run the game and see if the game can be played or not.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,