Thread: DAWN OF WAR 2 'the procedure entry point not found' error

DAWN OF WAR 2 'the procedure entry point not found' error

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I have Compaq which has Windows xp installed in it. I recently installed Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising game in my computer, but I unable to start up the game. It gives following error message:
    "The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"
    I don't know what is that mean. I don't know why DAWN OF WAR 2 gives 'the procedure entry point not found' error. Please help me to fix this problem. Thank you.

Re: DAWN OF WAR 2 'the procedure entry point not found' error

This issue may occur if you replaced the Msvcrt.dll file with a third-party version ( like your DAWN OF WAR 2 game) that does not contain the _resetstkoflw (recovery from stack overflow) function. To fix this problem use the Windows XP Recovery Console to replace the Msvcrt.dll file with the original version. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer from the CD-ROM.
    2. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    3. Press the number key that corresponds to the installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER.
    4. Type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.
    5. With the Windows XP CD-ROM still in the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
    * cd system32
    * ren msvcrt.dll msvcrt.old
    * CD-ROM_or_DVD-ROM_Drive_Letter:
    * cd \i386
    * expand msvcrt.dl_ BootDriveLetter:\windows\system32
    * exit

NOTE: Some computers may require that you modify the basic input/output system (BIOS) settings before you can start the computer from a CD-ROM. For information about how to modify BIOS, see your computer documentation.

What type of error message are you getting? Are you getting error related to nwiz.exe ? If yes, then you must be using NVidia video card and in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. I think your Nvidia Software may get corrupted. In this case you have to reinstall your Nvidia Software to fix this problem. Just uninstall old Nvidia Software and then reinstall that software. This software comes in CD when you purchase NVidia video card.

I also had the same problem. Then I use following solution and then I able to fix my problem. Just use following steps.
    First right-click on the START button -> now choose EXPLORE option -> now go to C drive -> now go to program file folder -> now open search window and type "msvcrt.dll" and press ok -> when you find the msvcrt.dll file -> just delete it.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. Then one of my friend said me to repair window xp. After repairing windows xp, now I didn't get such type of error message. I think you also repair your Operating System to fix this problem. Just insert Windows xp cd in your computer and repair your OS.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever