Thread: Error while launching Dawn of War 2

Satyrs Guest

Error while launching Dawn of War 2

Hi,
    Dawn of War 2 is crashing as I run the game. I had installed the game properly and there was no errors in it. I had made some changes in the configuration settings and while playing the game crashed. Now whenever I try to start the game it crashes frequently. It is not working. What can I do to fix this matter. Does this is related to configuration settings or any other driver issue.

Re: Error while launching Dawn of War 2

The game usually crashes on the main menu or during cut-scene. This is the most common issue in Dawn of War. If you are facing problem similar to this then you will have to check the files named Divxdecoder.dll or divxencoder.dll. Does this files are reflected in the error mentioned by the game. If you see the same then you will need to replace this files as they might be corrupted.

Dawn of War 2 has a text file in it which can give you details about the compatibility issues occurred in the game with the video card. This file is of great help. To get this you will need to go the installation folder of Dawn of War 2 where the game is installed. In that you can click on Drivers folder. Here you can see some text files which contains information on settings and notes related to compatibility matter. Check this file for errors.

Better search for some patch on internet and apply the same. The crash issue is faced by multiple users. I had seen lots of discussion among people about the crash. Mainly people are facing issue on Windows Vista. That can be incompatible driver files. I hope that there can be relevant patch available for it. You can see on the official site for that. Try to re-install your game.

A patch for it is the best solution for you to fix the matter. I was facing graphical display issue on my computer. By running a update via stream most the issues related to language, display, sound, etc was fixed. That was only the easy way to do so. There might be some corrupt dll files which are causing crash issue in your computer. Get the latest patch for it.

It is possible to change the game setting manually. For that you will need to edit the Dawn of War configuration file. If you want to do so then go to the game directory. That probably be C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War 2\Settings folder. Inside you can see a file configuration.lua. You can open this with notepad by right clicking on it and then choosing open with. Here you can change settings and then save it. Also note down if you make improper settings then you game might give validation error or might now work.