Thread: Problems while playing Battle for middle earth 2 on Windows 7

Problems while playing Battle for middle earth 2 on Windows 7

Hello there, I am facing some Problems while playing Battle for middle earth 2 on Windows 7. I have a desktop computer which was installed with Windows XP operating system which I upgraded to Windows 7. I used to play Battle for the middle earth 2 on Windows XP without any problems but now the game crashes in Windows 7. Along with the operating system, I upgraded the graphic card of the system from ATI to Nvidia 9800GT therefore I cant figure out if the problem is due to operating system or Graphic card. So if anybody knows the exact reason for the problem, please let me know.

Re: Problems while playing Battle for middle earth 2 on Windows 7

All the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system are not supported by Windows 7. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported or not. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think the version of the game which is installed on your computer is corrupt due to which the game is not working. All the applications which are installed on the computer, have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files associated to the application gets corrupt or is missing from the computer then the application will not work properly. The only solution to solve such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing from the computer. Uninstall the game and remove all the files which are related to the game. Once all the traces of the game are removed, reinstall the game and see if the game is working properly.

Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphic settings of the game due to which the game does not work. Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing application. These configurations sometimes will create problems while running some game. Try configuring the graphic card again and see if the game works properly. To configure the graphic card again, open the graphic properties and then click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following options and check the performance of the game.
    1. Triple buffering.
    2. Anistropic filtering.
    3. Vertical sync.
    After disabling, save the settings and run the game.

Try running the game in Compatibility mode. All the versions of the operating system which were released after Windows Xp have compatibility mode. In compatibility mode the applications which are run properly in earlier versions of the operating system can be used in the newer versions of the operating system. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and then select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says, run the game in compatibility mode and select Windows XP SP2. Save and apply the settings. Check if the game works.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

i'm having troubles making this work too!! I also have Win7, and when I try running it in compatibility mode with XP, and it doesn't work. but weirdly so. first off, when i go to My Computer, it recognizes the disc is in the drive. but when i go to start the game, it says, "please insert the correct CD-ROM and try again." the game disc is a DVD, so that leads me to think XP compatibility mode doesn't recognize DVD's???? but when I install it on my girlfriends laptop "who has XP" it reads the disc and runs fine. WTF!

I found on several forums about discussion for the game. Some of its file lacks supports for the new operating systems. It might get installed like a normal program but you have to first run it under Administrator account. That due to overwriting of some system files. Now if you are using it under a limited account then you might get issue if freezing. There is an update available on the official site for fixing most of the issue. Right click on the game icon and choose run as administrator.

i've already been running it as administrator from the start, doesn't make a difference.

I have installed Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my windows 7 and make it work, but when I whanna play this game in Multiplayer mode online I should update the game.. I update it and now I can not run it.. What is the problem??? Please HELP!!

I think that some of the files might be corrupted in your computer and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall it from your computer and after that again try to install that and see if that is able to solve the problem for you. Thank you!!!

I already make it but when I install the update 1.06 the game is not working...

Quote Originally Posted by ace_aleksov View Post
    I already make it but when I install the update 1.06 the game is not working...
    From where are you doing the update ? Is it form official sites ? If not than do it from official websites, or alternatively. because there is possibility that from where you are doing the update, it might have got corrupted and hence you are facing this problem. Also make sure the system requirements meed with the updates.

Hi everyone! I've just installed LTR BFME 2 on my pc (Windows 7, 64-bit), I cracked the game. After doing that I tried to run the game but the window pops up and remains unresponsive and I have to shut down the program. Does anyone know what I have to do??????