Thread: Dawn Of War II graphic bug

Dawn Of War II graphic bug

Hi,
    I am playing Dawn of War game on my PC. I have a Windows PC with 4GB RAM and a graphic card supports. This looks fine and enough for a 3D graphic game. But on the menu of the game I had see some really bad textures. This can be a graphic bug in the game. I need some tips to fix this matter and get more detailed information on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dawn Of War II graphic bug

You can fix that by disabling the AA which in the config menu of Graphic settings of Dawn of War. I had done this and found most of the graphic issue solved. If you have a GPU support on your computer then update your drivers also. This will give a boost to your computer graphics. The issue can be also due to incorrect config file which can be solved by re-installation.

This is a common issue. I had faced a similar issue while playing Prototype. I have a ATI graphic card on my computer. I had check out that if AA is turned on in the Graphic settings then you will face this issue. Otherwise turning this off will not cause any output issue. You can simply disable that and restart game. Check back again the output will be proper.

A story is bit different in my case. I had installed Dawn of War 2 and the same issue occur which you are facing. Then I disable AA from the graphic menu and the game crashed. For fixing this I have to edit the configuration.lua file via notepad located in C:\Documents and Settings\User Account\My Documents\My Games\Dawn of War 2\Settings. Here I had sent anti aliasing to 0 instead of 1. And after rebooting the game works.

That is a bug and very common to. But it is related to the ATI Catalyst drivers. Some files of the game are not compatible with this and so it does not works well. Here in the Catalyst manager you will have to see the ATI cards to Application managed. Then just disabled AA and reboot your system. You can see certain low texture and low graphic in some area but that can be sacrificed for smooth functioning.

Try the official site and get some patch for it. This is not the only bug which is affecting the game play. There are many. Like in level 20 you cannot be teleported. You can see some flying dead bodies and bad textures. I had downloaded a latest patch given by the site and thing gone to normal now. Right now I had not got any bug and the game works well.