Thread: Can Assassins Creed 2 be played in Windows 7

Can Assassins Creed 2 be played in Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I have seen the reviews of Assassins Creed 2 and any of my friends have recommended that this an awesome game that has been played till now. But, I want to know that can Assassins Creed 2 be played in Windows 7 or not because there are many issues with the applications and softwares that work fine in the older versions of Windows.

Re: Can Assassins Creed 2 be played in Windows 7

Hello there, I do not think that there is any problem for playing Assassins Creed 2 in Windows 7 operating system. One point is important to note that you should have an internet connection because the game requires that the system must be connected to the internet while playing. This is so because the DRM server checks for the authority and such other stuffs.

Assassins Creed 2 can be played in Windows 7, but here are the system requirements of the same, so that you can make sure of that the computer configuration is also perfect:
    • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO with 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 with 2.4 GHz or better
    • RAM: 1.5 GB or 2 GB or more
    • Hard Disk: 8 GB Free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB (Shader Model 3.0 Required) or better
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    • DirectX: 9.0c

Since, the system requirements in the above post shows that Assassins Creed 2 can be played in Windows 7, I guess that there will be no problems. But, the users who are using a trial version of the Windows 7 operating system are facing some issues while playing the game. So, it is recommended that you must be using the full version of Windows 7, while playing this game.

I also want to make you aware that Assassins Creed 2 cannot be played in Windows 7, if you have upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system. This is because many of the games and applications that are compatible with Windows 7 have problems in their working because the operating system has been upgraded from the previous versions of the Windows operating systems.

If you have any problems while Assassins Creed 2 is played in Windows 7, then you can solve the issue by setting the operating system in the compatibility mode. You just have to right-click on the icon on the game and select the option of troubleshoot compatibility option. This will help the system to find the errors that the game is having with the operating system. If the settings are done properly, then apply them for the future.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jhon View Post
    I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I have seen the reviews of Assassins Creed 2 and any of my friends have recommended that this an awesome game that has been played till now. But, I want to know that can Assassins Creed 2 be played in Windows 7 or not because there are many issues with the applications and softwares that work fine in the older versions of Windows.
    I'm using Windows XP Home Edition to play Assassins Creed 2 PC Version.
    Really nice graphics,no video stutters, everything is nice and smooth.Played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.- Call of Pripyat on windows 7 64-bit. Real Nice gameplay! Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS) settings are set on "high".This is a Home Built Rig. My Stats are below.

Operating Systems (Dual Boot)
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Windows 7 64-bit Edition (On Second Hard Drive)

Processor
    2.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

HARD DRIVES
    Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 [SATA Hard drive] (1000.20 GB
    Western Digital WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)

2-GB of RAM

Display
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS [ PCI Express Display adapter]
    Acer X221W [Monitor] (22.0"inch)

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 [DVD-ROM drive]