Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-2010

Ubisoft Site down due to DDos Attack

Hello everyone, I was unable to play Assassins creed 2 yesterday and many of my friends have said that Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack. Is this true? Is the problem still going on, since I am not bale to play till now. I tied to found the solutions to get rid of this error on the internet. But, the main thing is that I had to waste my entire day without playing the games.
Old 14-03-2010

Re: Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack

It is true that the Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack. The Denial of Service attack had caused one of the DRM servers unreachable. The authorities have assured that none of the games, that is Assassin's Creed 2 and Silent Hunter 5 are not hacked. So, the players were facing a problem because these games require that the system must be connected to the internet and the DRM server while playing.
Old 14-03-2010

The Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack may be the result of some frustrated user. Many of the users who do not have an internet connection are not able to play those games that requires the connection with the server. So, either there must be better security provided to this site or such features that requires the user to have the internet connection must be avoided.

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 14-03-2010

Hello there, it was not quite sure that Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack because the users kept on getting messages like "Server Error in '/' Application", while trying to connect the system with the DRM server. The above error shows that the server must have faced an application error. Now, Ubisoft have assured that the rights management servers had been actually hit by a fierce DDoS attack.
Old 14-03-2010

The major authorities have apologized to all the users who were not able to play the games of AC II and SH 5, since the Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack. The servers were attacked between the Paris time of 2:30 pm to 9 pm. It has also been mentioned that, not all the players were facing the problems, but only a small group. It means that 95% of them were able to play.
Old 14-03-2010

The reason that Ubisoft Site was down due to DDos Attack was because a group of attackers called "Skid-Row" had cleared all the restrictions and securities on the DRM server. The shocking news is that the Silent Hunter 5 had not completed even a day after release and it was already under attack. So, it is sure that there will be more security hereafter and the current issue has been resolved.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,