Thread: Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter lags on Windows 7

Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter lags on Windows 7

I am facing this very weird problem while playing games on my desktop computer. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Intel quad core processor with 1 gb of RAM. The computer also has an Nvidia graphic card attached to it. Recently I installed Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter on the computer but it lags badly. I think the configuration is good enough to run the game smoothly. So if anybody can explain me why Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter lags on Windows 7 then it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter lags on Windows 7

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then the game will either not work at all or will give some problems while running. The games which are supported by the Windows 7 operating system are listed on the official website. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is in the list or not. If the game is not in the list of the supported game, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Probably the graphic settings of the game must be conflicting with the graphic settings of the graphic card. If game settings conflict with the graphic card settings, then the game will not run smoothly. In order to make the game run smoothly, you will have to configure the graphic card again. To configure the graphic card again, open the graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following features of the graphic card settings and then run the game.
    1. Triple buffering
    2. Anistropic filtering
    3. Vertical sync.
    After disabling the following features, save the settings and then run the game.

Check while running the game, if there are any processes running in background. For every process to run on the computer, some memory and CPU usage must be allocated. If lot of processes are running together then lot of CPU and memory has to be allocated. In such situation, if the game is run then the game will not run smoothly as the CPU will not be able to process the application. Therefore before starting the game, open the task manager and terminate all the processes which are unnecessary. Once all unwanted processes are terminated, run the game and see if the game works properly.

Multi core processors are not meant for running gaming applications. Multi core processors have extra processing cores which start processing any application together which creates problems while playing games. You will have to disable the extra processing core while playing the game. Start the game and then open the task manager. Go to processes tab and locate the process of the game. Right click on the game process and select set affinity. Now remove the extra processing cores and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game lags.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever