Thread: Where to get some top 3d games for linux

Where to get some top 3d games for linux

Hi,
    I have a Ubuntu Desktop Pc. I am searching for some top 3D games for Linux based system. I need some suggestions for the same. The old one which I was playing before was Cube. It was nice game with better graphic output. I found some games on internet but I don't know that why they are not working after setup. Might be some compatibility issue. What are your recommendations for this.

Re: Where to get some top 3d games for linux

Try out Battlestar Galactica Beyond the Red Line. It is powered by Freespace 2 engine which is entirely stand alone. The game has accurate high resolution ships and it is a nice space adventure game. The best part of this game is that it gives you a high quality output with original in game sound track with combat adventure. You just need a x86 Linux compatible OS.

I had played BZFlag an online multiplayer game which is open source and works online. It is a 3D tank battle game. You can play in online under multiplayer mode with your friends. The best part of this game is that it works on many platforms like Windows and Mac. It is one of the most popular open source games which is continued under development and distribution.

I am playing the next part of Cube game with Cube 2 Sauerbraten. It is both single and multiplayer FPS game and works best on Linux machines. As you are familiar with the older version then you does not need to worry about the compatibility of this game with your system. The new version offers you some variety of gameplay mode with numerous maps.

If you enjoy flying then Flightgear is a nice game. It is a Simulator based project game where you learn to fly many flights with co-operating. It is open source and the source code for the game is available under GNU. Here in the game the main objective is to create a most sophisticated flight simulator framework which is for development and a bit complicated.

There are numerous games for Linux. But the choice depends on your system configuration. I will recommend you to use Frets On Fire a musical video game which is used to play musical notes along with a song in the background. Does not eat much memory and quick to play. Or if you are looking for a real time strategy game then you can go for Glest.