Thread: Bad performance of Grand theft auto 4 on Windows 7

Bad performance of Grand theft auto 4 on Windows 7

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is powered by Intel Dual core processor and has 1gb RAm. The computer has a Nvidia graphic card and is installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have installed Grand theft auto 4 on my computer but I am not able to play the game properly. I am facing Bad performance of Grand theft auto 4 on Windows 7. The game lags alot while playing. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run the game without any problems therefore I am not sure what is causing the problem. So if anybody knows solution to the problem then please suggest some.

Re: Bad performance of Grand theft auto 4 on Windows 7

Check if there are any extra processes running on the computer while you are playing the game. All the processes require some memory and CPU allocation to run. If there are lot of processes which are running, then lot of memory and CPU will be used. Gaming applications require lot of CPU and memory allocation, therefore if there are some other processes which are running the game will lag while playing. So before starting the game, open task manager and go to processes. Terminate all the processes which are unwanted and then see if the game lags or not.

I think the game graphics setting are conflicting with the settings of the graphic card due to which the game is lagging. You will have to configure the graphic card again according to the game settings so that the game will run smoothly on the computer. Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run high end graphics editing applications which sometimes conflict the game settings. To configure the graphic card, go to graphic properties and click on manage 3D settings. Now disable the following features of the graphic card :-
    • Triple buffering.
    • Anistropic filtering.
    • Vertical sync.
    Once done, run the game and see if the game is working smoothly or not.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. You can check the list of all the supported games which is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Dual core processors are not typically meant for gaming. Dual core processors have more than one processing cores. Both the cores start processing the application together which creates problems while playing games. You will have to disable one of the processing core while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core while playing, start the game and open task manager. Now go to processes tab and locate the process of the game. Right click on the process of the game and select set affinity. Now remove the check mark from one of the CPU and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game lags or not.

The system memory of the computer which you are using is very low to run Windows 7 and gaming application. The minimum requirement of Windows 7 is 1gb of system memory. Also the game which you are playing takes up lot of resources of the system. Therefore the memory allocated to the game will be low due to which the game seems to be lagging. Upgrading the RAM is a suitable solution to your problem. After RAM upgradation you will not face the same problem.