Thread: Ubisoft Silent Hunter 5 DRM

Ubisoft Silent Hunter 5 DRM

Hi,
    I had played older version of Silent Hunter on Ubisoft server. The multiplayer experience is also nice. The new version of the same game, which is Silent Hunter 5 is on Ubisoft now. One thing creates a doubt that all the players on the online server does use the original DRM copy of SH5 or they are allowed to get access with the pirated version of the game also.

Re: Ubisoft Silent Hunter 5 DRM

The most Ubisoft does is ban your account if you are detected as playing on a pirated game. I had faced similar situation will playing a multiplayer game with the pirated version of Silent Hunter. And then you have to do everything back again. There are other plenty of alternatives for this. You can go on Steam or Valve for this for enjoying a multiplayer level.

The only issue here with Ubisoft is that it does not really allows pirated games to be played on its server. You have to buy a legal copy of the games which is authenticated and thus you are unblock. It is a great service but keeping relationship with Ubisoft cost you more for long term basis. And on the other this is not a place for those who want to play free with pirated games.

The original DRM content from Ubisoft is sometime really annoying when you try to get some upgrade for your game. If you refer the FAQ of this site then that will be a much beneficial for the same. I had facing re-establish connection issue on StarForce though it is purchased from Ubisoft. And you will also does not get enough support for the same. The only thing matters here is the gameplay.

The online DRM issue deals with the services given by Ubisoft. It is to protect users interest who buy original games and services. We cannot say that all are really allowed but on the same hand those you play on original services still suffers in some manner. If you have pirated games then you can try for some other unsecured servers which are still working.

Ubisoft DRM offers you stability. The Silent Hunter 5 will cost $19.95. You will be provided with DRM copy of the game which you can play with your existing account. The price somewhat differs from store. I too buy directly games from this site. Ubisoft has a wide collection of games and online servers. I will not suggest you to play with pirated games and spoil your reputation.