Thread: Silent Hunter V system requirements

Silent Hunter V system requirements

Hello everyone. Recently the Silent Hunter V: Battle of the Atlantic was released. I am eager to get this game on my computer as soon as possible but I have to upgrade my system as it used to frequently crash. So I am going to purchase the game by next week. But before that I want to know the system requirements of this game and some information also if anyone has played it.

Silent Hunter 5 system requirements

Following are the system requirements for Silent Hunter 5:
    • Operating System: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Seven
    • Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6850 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or higher
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free hard drive space
    • Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card (ATI Radeon HD3000 series / GeForce 9 Series or better)
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard
    • DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)
    • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
    • Internet connection is required

Re: Silent Hunter V system requirements

The first thing noticed about Silent Hunter is no doubt that within the German U-Boat Type VII which he is captain was fully modeled. Understand by this that we can not only admire their seams in all the bowels of this great machine but can also move around freely. The hallways and other rooms are perfectly reproduced and the crew is shouting the truth. Simply click on an element of the set to activate or one of our men to interact with him. Second officer, boatswain, cook, Gunner. Everyone on board was as usual a function and skills essential to the smooth running of the submarine as a good captain, you try to manage better.

Silent Hunter 5 Single Player has poor screen briefing

Silent Hunter 5 is primarily a simulated submarine. The problem here is that we must learn to play alone while to get by with bugs. The single player campaign covering the entire Second World War is made up of goals not always clear, the historical missions are introduced by a poor screen briefing.

The key commands have been simplified greatly, there is less data on screen and the formerly obscure menus are but a memory. Instead, there are icons placed in the corners of the screen we can for example easily select a pre-determined depth (surface, periscope, diving) or load a particular torpedo tube. The heading control and speed of our building depends on directional arrows and again we have the choice between the preset commands such as turning one degree, turn back or move to where pointing the periscope.

The multiplayer mode of Silent Hunter5: Battle of the Atlantic is not appropriately worked out. It is a pity because on the one hand, Silent Hunter 5 has a convincing realization and secondly, it is likely that its potential will sublimate in the coming weeks by a few patches, mods and other strategy guides. Currently, Silent Hunter 5 is not a bad game, far from it, but it is clear that stress before enjoy lurking beneath the surface to hunt our prey.