Thread: Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes

Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes

Hello friends, I have installed this game called Risen in my system a couple of days ago. So, first I need to know the system requirements of this game. Next, I am having a problem with this game that Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes. If anyone has any idea about the problem, please reply with the possible solutions that can be used in this situation.

Re: Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes

If Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes, then I suggest you to have a look at the system requirements of the game, so that you can get an idea of the problem:
    • Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2
    • Processor: 2.0 GHz or better
    • RAM: 1 GB or more
    • Hard Disk: 5 GB or more free
    • Video Card: DirectX 9.1 compatible and Pixel Shader 3.0 and 256 MB (GeForce 7900 or ATI 1800)

The problem that Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes is because the installation of the game was not successful. You may have run other applications and problems in the background, that is while installing the game. To avoid such problems, it is advised that all the running applications and programs must be quit. So, reinstalling the game will solve the issue.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Many of the applications, programs and games are incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes may be just another incompatibility issue. So, I will advice you to install another operating system like Windows XP in a different drive in your computer. So, you can start Windows XP to run such incompatible programs.

To be safe of issues like Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes, it is recommended by many experts that upgradation or installation of the Windows 7 operating system must be avoided. It is better to use Windows Vista, since there are no such issues with the softwares and applications for this operating system. Also, Windows Vista has almost the same features as Windows 7.

You must use the compatibility mode for the problems like Risen freezes in Windows 7 after playing for 5 minutes. You will have to use the option of troubleshoot compatibility, that can be seen when you right-click on the icon of the particular application or game. You must specify the problems that are being encountered when you run it in your system. You can also let the system to do this setting. If you find that the game is running fine after the setting is done, then just apply them for the future.