Thread: Unable to play DOOM 1 in windows 7

Unable to play DOOM 1 in windows 7

Hello to all,
    Last night I download DOOM 1 in my computer. Today I installed that game with no problem, but I unable to run that game. I have Compaq computer which has Windows 7 installed. I don't know why I unable to play DOOM 1 in windows 7. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Unable to play DOOM 1 in windows 7

If you said that you didn't get any problem in installing the game then it seems that there is some compatibility issue. I think you have to use some compatibility modes or some kind of emulator to fix this problem. Some old games like DOOM requires some kind of video tweaks and lower color settings to play properly. Just try to read vista guide regarding how to play older windows games and then try to apply same steps to windows 7.

I think you have to use some kind of emulator for your computer to play old game like DOOM 1. As per my information you have to use DOSBox emulator for your DOOM 1. As per my information DOSBox 0.73 is the new version. It has new features like support for more graphics modes and cards, Improved Vista support, New OPL emulation cores, Lots of compatibility fixes, Lots of cdrom detection improvements. Just use it and check whether you get the same error or not.

You must know that your Windows 7 is 64-bit and your DOOM 1 game is of 16-bit and for this reason you are not able to play that game. This is because Windows 7 64-bit does not offer 16-bit emulation. In this case there are two option for you, either you have to delete that game or you can use DOSBox emulator to play that game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I also had the same problem and then I bale to play this game using following steps. I think you also use this steps to fix this problem.
    First you have to download Skulltag in your pc -> to download the latest version of Skulltag in your PC click here ->Once you download it, Skulltag takes care of the rest -> after this you will able to play that game either offline or online.

Have you tried to play DOOM 1 in Window xp compatible mode? If not, then tried to play DOOM 1 in windows xp mode. Most of the old game are not compatible with Window 7 and that's why you are not bale to play DOOM 1 in your Window 7. In this case try to run DOOM 1 in windows xp mode.
    I hope my suggestion will you.