Thread: Why cant I play online on Uplay server?

Why cant I play online on Uplay server?

Hello, I am facing a very weird problem while playing on Uplay servers. I have Playstation 3 and I regularly play Prince of Persia on it. The Playstation 3 is connected to a Linksys router which provides Internet. The problem is I am not able to play on Uplay servers. Whenever I try to connect to any Uplay server, it shows status as connecting but does not connects to the game. Therefore if anybody can explain me Why cant I play online on Uplay server then it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Why cant I play online on Uplay server?

Are you using original DVD for playing the game? If the game is not authenticate then you would not be able to play online on the Uplay servers. The servers are programmed to check the authenticate version of the game before establishing connection. If the game DVD is not authenticate, it will show that the connection is in progress but it will not let you connect to the server. Hence I would suggest that check if the DVD of the game is original and then only try to connect to the Uplay servers. If the DVD is authenticate then check if the DVD is having any scratches or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

First check if the router is properly configured to establish the connection to the game servers. If the router is not configured properly to establish the connection to the game server then the connection will keep on dropping. Login to the router and then go to the configuration page. Contact the ISP and get the proper configuration settings for the router. Check if the router is configured properly or not. If there are any changes to be made, then do it and save the configuration settings. Reboot the router and then check if the connection is established.

To be able to play online on the Uplay servers, you will have to create a PSN ID account first using your email address. Once PSN ID account is created, then create an Ubisoft account. Both these accounts are needed to be able to play on the Uplay servers. Link both these accounts and then try connecting the game servers. Once both the accounts are validated and linked you will be able to play the game without any problems.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I created both the PSN ID account and an Ubisoft account. But still I cannot play on the Uplay servers. Therefore I want to know how to link PSN ID account to Ubisoft account? Do I have to create separate account for linking these two accounts? Any help is more than appreciated.

No, You dont have to create a separate account for linking both the accounts together. Linking of the two accounts is a very simple procedure. Login to the PSN ID account first. Once logged in, start the game. Now press Triangle button. The Uplay server will get loaded. Now enter the email address and your password for the Ubisoft account. This will link both of your accounts.