Thread: Does all Ubisoft Games on Steam have PC DRM

Does all Ubisoft Games on Steam have PC DRM

Hi,
    Does all the games of Ubisoft on Wii have PC DRM. I am not a regular game player. But I essentially buy games from Steam. I had heard about the indication of PC DRM of Ubisoft games on Steam. Is this really true. That means does all the games on Steam does have PC DRM. My query lies with the Ubisoft games which are digitally distributed by Steam. That simply move towards the piracy of this games. It is necessary to log in to see the upcoming PC DRM games on the Steam Library and I was hoping there might be other ways for that. But does the same initiate the piracy games on Steam on multiplayer level. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does all Ubisoft Games on Steam have PC DRM

It is possible to play those game offline too. For this is not necessary for you to connect to steam every time. The game released via Steam have PC DRM on them. You need to not to worry about the pirated copy of the same. Recently Ubisoft has came under a official partnership with Steam to publish some official games for the users. You can visit the official site for more information.

I too believe that the games released on Steam are definitely equipped with DRM. Otherwise it would not be possible to distribute the games on such a larger scale. This step make the privacy more difficult and you gets the benefit of original games. Usually people who use Steam on pirated games can play out for sometime and they usually get ban.

That is right like if you are playing on steam via pirate game then Steam will ban your account and not your IP. Lets take a example of Resident Evil 5. You had downloaded a pirated version from torrent and definitely to run the same you will run a patch. It is not really necessary that the same product is sold on Steam. But if that is really then SteamWorks API will work for it's authentication.

I don't think so there are much games on Steam which are distributed worldwide. Sometime due to improper authentication Steam banns our account and no longer you can play multiplayer on it. But the games which you buy on Steam have DRM. Steam is coming out with more new collections of Ubisoft and then same you can see on your Steam Account.

There is a big different in buying and playing games from Steam. You cannot say that Steam is distributing pirated games to its users. But on the same hand it is also possible that the players all around the world playing multiplayer games may use a pirated version of games. They are allowed till the time they get authenticated and banned from Steam.

You need not to worry about that. You are buying a official copy of games from Steam. Many times users post a pirated game on Steam for sharing purpose. But for that you must take care while buying. Ubisoft has recently came under a agreement of 40 games on Steam which includes Assasin's Creed. It is a very wide platform. Games are released officially on it.