Thread: Getting error while playing Age of mythology

Getting error while playing Age of mythology

Hi to all gamers, I had a desktop computer which had Windows Xp installed on it. I used to play Age of Mythology on it without any problems. Now I have bought a new computer with Intel Dual core processor 3ghz and Nvidia RAM. It has Windows 7 installed on it. The problem is I am not able to play Age of Mythology on it. Whenever I start the game, it shows that the game is opening but then it terminates itself. Also sometimes the game starts but lags a lot. I cant understand why I am Getting errors while playing Age of mythology on my new computer as it used to work properly on my old computer without any graphic card. Please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting error while playing Age of mythology

Check if the graphics drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require set of software's to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the computer, right click on My computer and then select Device manager. Highlight the Display adapter and check if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. If troubleshooting does not help then try updating the drivers and check if it helps.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the supported games is available on the official Microsoft website. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is listed in it. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do.

Nvidia graphic cards are already configured to run all the high end graphics editing software's. These settings can sometimes conflict with the graphic settings of the game which may create problems while running the game. To solve the problem, configure the graphic card and then check if the game is running or not. Open the graphic properties of the Nvidia card and then click on Manage 3D settings. Now select Anistropic filtering and enable force off. select Vertical sync and enable force off. select Triple buffering and enable force off. Once all the settings are done, save and apply the settings. Run the game and see if it works.

Try running the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of the Windows operating system which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. In compatibility mode, all the applications which used to run properly in earlier versions of Windows can be used in new versions of Windows operating system. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and go to compatibility tab. Check mark the "Run this application in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP operating system. Once done apply the settings and see if the game works.

Dual core processors are not meant for running gaming applications. Dual core processor, has two processors which are out of sync because of which both the processors start processing any application together which may create problems while playing games on the computer. You will have to disable one of the core of the processor. To disable one of the core, first start the game and then open task manager. Right click on the game process and then select set affinity. Remove one of the CPU and click on OK. Resume the game and see if it lags.