Thread: Graphics problem in Far Cry

Graphics problem in Far Cry

Recently I installed Far Cry on my new Sony Vaio laptop but I am facing some issues with it. My Sony Vaio laptop is running on Windows Vista operating system and has an Nvidia graphic card. The problems is when the game starts the Graphics of the game are all mixed up. Everything on the screen is either blue or white and hence I cannot make out where I am standing. I think the configuration of the laptop is quite good to run such type of game and hence I am not able to understand why I am facing Graphics problem in Far Cry. Any suggestions/ Solutions are more than welcome.

Re: Graphics problem in Far Cry

Does the laptop have multicore processor? If yes then it could be the reason why you are facing such problems with the game. Multicore processors have more than one processors. All these processors start processing the application together when the application is started which can create problems while running gaming application. You will have to disable all the extra cores of the processors while running the game. To disable all the extra cores, start the game and then open task manager. Go to processes and then right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity and remove the check mark from all the CPU's except one and click on OK. Now resume the game and see if the same problem persists.

Many of the games are not supported by the Windows Vista operating system. Windows Vista has incompatibility issues with lot of computer games due to which the games do not work properly on it. The list of the games which are supported by Windows Vista is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by Windows Vista or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is no other way to run the game on the system.

I suppose that the game is not patched and hence the graphics of the game is not visible properly. The earlier version of Farcry which was released had many bugs related to graphics and controller assignments. This bugs where later solved in patches and updates which were released later. Download the patch from the official game website and install it on the game. After installing the patch you will not face the same problem again. Before installing the patch, if you have any saved game files then take back up of the files as patching may delete the saved game files.

The graphic card of your computer needs to be configured properly in order to run the game. Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run high end graphics editing softwares. These settings of the graphic card sometimes create problems in running the game. To reconfigure the graphic card according to the game, go to graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Select Triple Buffering and enable Force off. Select Anistropic filtering and enable Force off. Select Vertical Sync and enable Force off. Now save and apply the settings. See if the game works properly or not.

Check if the graphic drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. If the appropriate set of drivers are not installed, then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly, right click on My computer and then select Manage. Go to device manager and then select the installed device manager. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers for the display adapter.