Thread: Divinity 2 hangs on Start-up screen

Divinity 2 hangs on Start-up screen

I have installed Divinity 2: Ego Draconis on my personal computer which uses Windows Vista operating system. When I launch the game the start-up screen of the game is displayed and then the sound goes mute and then the game hangs on the start-up screen. The only way I can then get my computer working is by re-booting it. Why does the game hangs ?

Re: Divinity 2 hangs on Start-up screen

For me it seems as if the graphic card that you are using might have gone bad. Go to the Device Manager and see if the graphic card drivers are updated or not. If not then update them. After updating restart your computer. Even though the game hangs then the issue might be that the graphic card is faulty. Try to use some other graphic card and see if the game hangs or not.

System Requirements of Divinity- II

Before going forward with any troubleshooting steps I prefer you to once go through the System Requirements of Divinity- II for Windows operating system:
    • Operating System: Windows XP onwards.
    • Memory: Above 1 GB.
    • Graphic Support: 256 MB onboard/graphic card support
    • Processor: 2.0 GHz or more Dual Core Processor.
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound card
    • Hard Drive Space: 9 GB.

Many times there seems to be an issue because of System requirements for the installed game and thus it is necessary to have a look at the exact system requirements of the game before following any troubleshooting steps.

Reinstall Divinity II- Ego Draconis

I had a similar issue with Need for Speed- Shift wherein the game used to hang randomly. Sometimes when I tried to start the game it used to hang and sometimes while I was in the middle of a race the game used to hang. I just reinstalled the Need for Speed- Shift and then tried playing the game. This worked for me and I am having no issues ever since.

RAM connection

There are a number of reasons which might cause the game to hang without any error messages. The reason can be because the game is not getting the available resources for the game to be working. So when you launch the game make sure that there are not other unnecessary process running in the background. Also a major reason for the issue can be the computer's RAM. Unlpug the RAM clean it and plug it back it. If the problem is not resolved then there are chances that the RAM stick is gone bad. Try using some another RAM in such cases of equal frequency.